No Fantasy - ES Scalping Reality

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jeb9999, Jun 4, 2009.

1. lemme guess

jeb9999 lives in his mothers basement trading sub penny stocks from his Muriel Seibert account. 100 shares at a time

close?

#21     Jun 5, 2009
  2. Can you get your font a little bigger? You must be half blind or can't even afford glasses. Which one is it? And stop kissing Don's butt, would you? And by the way, who are you again?

#22     Jun 5, 2009
  3. I see your point of view. I made a mistake in stating "High frequency trading is thousands of trades per hour. It should have been "High frequency trading systems are capable of thousands of trades per hour." My fault for being too focused on bottom up and not top down. The maximum frequency at which trading takes place and the sustained rate of trading are two different things.

A high frequency automated trading system is capable of executing multiple trades in under 100 milliseconds, but may only find profitable opportunities a few times per hour. Thus 5 to 10 trades can take place in a second or a few seconds, but only 50 to 100 over the course of an hour. So if you have such a high frequency automated trading system doing 20 lots you end up with a volume ranging from 20 x 50 x 6.5 hours to 20 x 100 x 6.5 hours or a range of 6,500 to 13,000 lots a day.

#23     Jun 5, 2009
  4. No, not really.

I made a mistake in stating "High frequency trading is thousands of trades per hour. It should have been "High frequency trading systems are capable of thousands of trades per hour." My fault for being too focused on bottom up and not top down. The maximum frequency at which trading takes place and the sustained rate of trading are two different things.

A high frequency automated trading system is capable of executing multiple trades in under 100 milliseconds, but may only find profitable opportunities a few times per hour. Thus 5 to 10 trades can take place in a second or a few seconds, but only 50 to 100 over the course of an hour. So if you have such a high frequency automated trading system doing 20 lots you end up with a volume ranging from 20 x 50 x 6.5 hours to 20 x 100 x 6.5 hours or a range of 6,500 to 13,000 lots a day.

#24     Jun 5, 2009
  5. Sorry, but my dear mother passed away years ago.

I have never traded penny stocks.

IB is my broker.

High frequency capable bots are the future of electronic trading.

#25     Jun 5, 2009
  6. You sound like a very sensible trader. Having a trading strategy that matches your psychology is the way to trade.

I wish you continued good trading.

#26     Jun 5, 2009
  7. Yes, he probably would trade differently paying retail commissions. He does what works for him. If he can't maintain his focus he will not keep making big money. His style of trading does not work for me.

#27     Jun 5, 2009
  8. I love high frequency trading, must be exciting.

I will step up my trading frequency. I will be happy if I reach my goal of 200 trades per hour, that is only 1/10 of a high frequency trader=thousands of trades per hour.

#28     Jun 5, 2009
  9. High frequency trading bots are exciting only when they don't work properly. Step up your trading and your brokerage will love you.

You appear to have missed my correction posts. So here it is again.

I made a mistake in stating "High frequency trading is thousands of trades per hour. It should have been "High frequency trading systems are capable of thousands of trades per hour." My fault for being too focused on bottom up and not top down. The maximum frequency at which trading takes place and the sustained rate of trading are two different things.

#29     Jun 5, 2009
  10. Of course in all this nonsense, my point has been obfuscated.

I was saying that the more intraday trades you make , the more likely it is that each trade will have an average "small" net gain or loss.

Trading <10 times a day and you can theoretically make points per trade. 200 times, and you will most likely average much less as all the scratches and small losses eat into the average.

#30     Jun 5, 2009