No Fantasy - ES Scalping Reality

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jeb9999, Jun 4, 2009.

1. You are seriously out of touch with the speed and frequency of modern trading. Professional trading firms colocate servers to reduce latencies by 10 or 20 milliseconds and are able to make multiple trades every 100 milliseconds. The Globex price matching engine is capable of matching a trade every 5 milliseconds per futures symbol traded. Anyone familiar with ES time and sales knows that busy periods have 100 to 200 trades per second.

High frequency trading is thousands of trades per hour. A trader doing 110 trades a day is merely considered to be engaged in active trading.

#11     Jun 4, 2009
  2. Your right, I didn't bother to read the link. But I have read his blog. If he had to pay retail commissions, he would probably trade differently like he used to before he became a IOM member. He did not make big money back then. Well, maybe he made some from his Inner Circle course, ect. :D

#12     Jun 5, 2009

3. Don is not tenacious, he is completely obsessed with himself and his trading, therefore his blog. If he "only" made 30k during May he must be pissed as hell as he needs to average about 100k a month to make his 1 million goal for the year. Since he made over a million last year, he is completely obsessed with doing it again even though he knows he made a large amount of his million last fall when the markets were going wild.

Now if he can just get his pinched nerve to heal up. I quit reading his blog because he bitches and whines too much about his trading, ect. He must suffer a lot trying to pretend he is always having a drawdown and trying to come back. Weird psychology. But whatever works for him I guess. I wouldn't want to trade constantly with that mental state. It's bad enough having a drawdown without thinking it's happening every day you trade. I wonder sometimes if he has some kind of masochistic problem. :p

#13     Jun 5, 2009
  4. ... perhaps just your 'run of the mill' Obsessive-Compulsive dissorder...

#14     Jun 5, 2009

5. We're talking about ES not a basket of 500 stocks. You are an idiot.

#15     Jun 5, 2009
  6. Yes, he pales in your shadow. Umm by the way, who are you again???

#16     Jun 5, 2009
  7. Sorry, but I am not the idiot here. You quite obviously have no clue what automated traders are currently doing with high frequency trading of the ES, ZN and other futures contracts.

#17     Jun 5, 2009
  8. 2 million Es a day

lets say 5000 contracts

Thats only 400 traders. Worldwide. and it leaves nothing for you pikers, who do at least 4999 a day.

According to you there are hundreds doing 10,000 a day in ES like it was nothing

lol, math impaired.

show proof of your fantasy or stfu

#18     Jun 5, 2009
  9. Really? Since you say "thousands of trades per hour," let us be conservative and jusr say it's 2,000 trades per hour (the minumum plural for "thousands"). And although RTH alone lasts longer, let's just say 6 hours per day. That means at the very least 12,000 trades per day for a single entity. Presumably, such a player is going to be trading well more than a mere, say, 10 mini contracts at a clip. That means that such a player will be trading a sizeable multiple of 120,000 contracts per day. How many such traders do you reckon trade the ES?

#19     Jun 5, 2009
  10. Would hope I would.. Another 2 trades today for $350 total.
    I do have my own simple rules on when to trade and when to NOT trade. (yes. There may not be a trade on some days).
    I have to be comfortable with the trade entry and where I am going to exit, BEFORE I execute it.

#20     Jun 5, 2009