No day trader on this planet can make yearly profits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by teewoods, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Ask yourself: Is there more signal or more noise in the market? I think 0 commissions were a game changer.

#11     Nov 13, 2019
  2. None of the 0 commission people have API availability, I believe, which makes it more difficult no?

#12     Nov 13, 2019
    sysdevel99 likes this.
  3. Are you sure?
    You're definitely right for IB but I'm also on 0 commission on TD Ameritrade and my option trades have moved to the new commission schedule (0.65/leg). I haven't done any stock trades since the change, all of them were manual but I didn't think they'd still charge my old commissions through the API.

#13     Nov 13, 2019
  4. teewoods,

A few questions please

1. Do you have verified proof no day trader makes money year after year?
    2. Do you have verified proof bot makes money year after year?

Thanks,

#14     Nov 13, 2019
    SouthbeachCTA and Nobert like this.
  5. I wonder if these 0 commission things are to get the plebs into the market. Historically, very low participation from plebs in the markets these days.

10 more years bull run.

#15     Nov 13, 2019
  6. heispark

heispark

Do Individual Day Traders Make Money? Evidence from Taiwan

#16     Nov 13, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. There is a big difference between somebody who day trades rate futures,index spreads, energy spreads, and outright contracts and some guy that has a watchlist of "hot movers" and is delusional about the process of price discovery (assumed price inefficiencies).

The market has become orders of magnitude more efficient over the time period from 90's to 2019.

There is no easy money in this.

That said, you don't have to be a genius to turn a profit. Plenty of guys in this game don't even understand the concept of capital efficiency, let alone quant risk modeling and they can grind out a few percent in a year.

#17     Nov 13, 2019
  8. You rang?

#18     Nov 13, 2019
    zghorner, VPhantom and d08 like this.
  9. imjohn

imjohn

Already been about a month or two since the last anti-day trading thread.

Ought to just be a single, long running anti-DT thread or subforum, where the antis can go to share their opinions and grievances with each other, and toss around the same studies again and again.

But no doubt, the back/forth between the DT proponents and antis does make for high page counts and thread views.

#19     Nov 13, 2019
  10. dozu888

dozu888

perhaps for some... but most retail traders are just looking at noise.. still zero expectancy.

and people reading this thinking - hey that's not me....

lol yeah I meant you - people looking at trendlines ATRs support resistance bid ask sizes fib retrace all that stuff.... you ARE looking at random noise lol.

#20     Nov 13, 2019
    GregorySG9 and SimpleMeLike like this.