No Country For Old Men

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Oct 25, 2009.

1. nitro

nitro

That is an outstanding idea. The problem is that everyone has to be so politically correct in this country nowadays, that we are afraid of our own shadows, let alone an institution like MIT that gawd knows how much it relies on the very people they would be stepping on.

Sadly, I think this has to be done independently by people that are respected and have no agenda. In addition, you have to pay people to be honest and to do the right thing. if our hope is that people do this eternally out of the goodness of their hearts, it doesn't work. You have to pay and ecourage people to do the right thing. For example, there are people that are finding opportunities to be rewarded for doing the right thing and are building businesses around honesty. Here is an early example of what is happening:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/marketsmag/mm_1109_trim1.html

It is detailed in this months Bloomberg magazine.

Major Kudos to Zelman.

#21     Nov 3, 2009
  2. nitro

nitro

Sadly, I have become cynical enough to believe in what you are saying.

#22     Nov 3, 2009
  3. nitro

nitro

#23     Nov 17, 2009
  4. rc822

rc822

+2 :eek:

#24     Nov 18, 2009
  5. SEC--IT EXISTS if you do not know the right people or are not playing with the big dogs

#25     Nov 18, 2009
  6. nitro

nitro

Huh?

#26     Nov 18, 2009
  7. jjj1000

jjj1000

Look 11Blade, stop right there. Please stop suggesting those things based in logic and common sense. Please stop posting suggestions like that, that would effectively solve the problem. The SEC may be upset by that and pay you a little visit. They really get upset when people like you (so called "citizens") try to stop their full control of all investigations ($$$$) if you understand what I mean by ($$$$).

#27     Nov 18, 2009
  8. I didn't read the book but the flick was great.
    I have read Blood Meridian and The Road by Cormac McCarthy. The Road will be in theaters on Nov 24, I can't wait. I read the book last Saturday.

And Blood Meridian is being made into a flick also. That one is going to be wild. So violent it makes NCOM look tame in comparison.

#28     Nov 18, 2009
  9. 4EXJOE

4EXJOE

I hope you're right. But sadly, methinks this task force will be replete with affirmative action know-nothings unqualified to do anything except receive the fruits of patronage.

#29     Nov 18, 2009
  10. Hell yeah, I'd like to know what this "task force" will really do other than collect some fat checks?!

#30     Nov 18, 2009