No Bullets....vix At 16 And Collapsing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by grimer11, Feb 9, 2004.

1. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Exactly. There are many many short and long plays each day in different issues. Just look for them ... and have the capital to play them ....

#11     Feb 9, 2004
  2. Ever heard of "adapting and adjusting" to what the market will give you?

How about taking a look at ES or ZB?
    They are excellent vehicles to make good money with!

:)

#12     Feb 9, 2004
  3. Sure I've heard of it....and i'll be fine....itz just harder and harder and harder and harder and harder to squeeze anything more than a couple thousand out of any given day.....its getting ridiculous, and I think unless they on uptick list, that list things will continue to get dramatically, unimaginably worse....adapt by selling vol.........yuk.

#13     Feb 9, 2004
  4. grimer,

Ever hear of something called futures? But I suppose you'll have an excuse why you can't trade those either.

#14     Feb 9, 2004
  5. Digs

Digs

JNPR was a big daytraders dream today, last friday was easy, day after employment report, last thursday CURN was a good pick....

My suggestion , find stocks with unusually high intraday volume that are trending..(not range bound)...

Ie GET A GOOD STOCK SCANNER !

#15     Feb 9, 2004
  6. speaking of low volitality anyone else read this months Active Trader mag about changes in volatility and market direction article said based on the degree of the drop in volatility last year the market could drop 32 percent this year :eek:

#16     Feb 9, 2004
  7. Yeah, I agree. Why even bother for 10 or 20 k a week. Too much like work.

#17     Feb 9, 2004
  8. Exactly....

Careful Gimmer--- you might be headed for a downward spiral that will be hard to escape from...

You also might consider investing, I know, taking more precious capital away from trading. You might consider spending a few thousand well chosen dollars on some serious traders' education classes or even changing to another prop shop that offers skills for markets like these.

The benefit of these discussion boards is that open dissemmination of knowledge in these areas are encouraged instead of blocked...

take some time off and enjoy what you've earned thusfar....

catch some of those Expedia travel bargains, for example

#18     Feb 9, 2004
  9. Mecro

Mecro

Couple thousand a day means packing up for the year? WTF is wrong with you?

#19     Feb 9, 2004
  10. Adapt and detach, you will find your other bullets to fire with.

#20     Feb 9, 2004