NO BS Day Trading (order flow course) - Worthwhile or worthless?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Howard, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Howard

Howard

Not everyone participating in the futures market are looking to make a profit per se. Remember that the primary function of the futures market is to hedge and control risk from your other positions. Speculation is secondary.

As long as there is liquidity, you're not really competing against anyone.

#41     Aug 23, 2018
  2. padutrader

padutrader

i too have done exactly the same only i trade spot eurusd

#42     Aug 23, 2018
  3. SkyChef

SkyChef

If you are looking for the whole deal of order flow analysis, there are tools available from Sierra Chart (I'm using it & I heard that Jigsaw also has substantial chunks) and you have to assemble them to make it works. Information about market depth is available here & there on the web. You just have to dig. Other than that, all of the peddling software don't show a thing but the shiny surfaces. Does it work for you? Maybe & it's all depending on what you are truly looking for. Good luck.

#43     Aug 23, 2018
    Howard likes this.
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

The intention, ideas, feelings and emotions do not matter. For a given futures position, if the long holder is in profit, his gains come from the shorts of the counterparty. 1-1 = 0. Plain and simple.

#44     Aug 23, 2018
  5. Howard

Howard

Sure. The futures markets are zero sum. I don't think anyone would argue that fact.

But, you're assuming that every operator is looking to make a profit in the futures market which simply isn't the case. At any given point in time there's people trading on different time frames and with very different agendas. My point is that you're not really competing against anyone in a liquid market such as the ES. You can buy and sell pretty much wherever you want.

You do of course need a methodology and market knowledge, but you're not dependent on other people 'losing' money to you. The only thing you're dependent on is liquidity.

#45     Aug 23, 2018
  6. Howard

Howard

Thank you, SkyChef.

Can you elaborate a bit on that comment?

#46     Aug 23, 2018
  7. Howard

Howard

So, I actually bought the basic course. I think I paid 85$ which isn't a big investment to me. The biggest investment is the time spent learning this material.

Having spent a long time on other parts of my methodology, I now have more time for this and I think it will be a nice addition to my arsenal. Hopefully, I can fine tune my entries and exits which arises out of my existing methodology. I am not interested in becoming a scalper. I trade the longer intraday swings...

#47     Aug 23, 2018
  8. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

The money that goes into your pocket comes from the pocket of somebody else. That is all I say.

#48     Aug 23, 2018
  9. SkyChef

SkyChef

How long is long?

#49     Aug 23, 2018
  10. Howard

Howard

Roughly 6 years on this specific methodology, but have been following and studying the markets on/off for well over 10 years now.

#50     Aug 23, 2018