No Branding - Like A Rat!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TheRumpledOne, Oct 17, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

Trading is GUESSING. If it wasn't, you wouldn't need a STOP LOSS.

THINK ABOUT IT!!

MAXIMUM RISK = 2% * ACCOUNT BALANCE.

STOP LOSS = 10 PIPS. (INCLUDING SPREAD)

POSITION SIZE = RISK / STOP LOSS.

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

#51     Oct 25, 2011
  2. C'mon man. You're on dozens of boards hawking some new system with no exit parameters. It's a joke.

#52     Oct 25, 2011

3. "An ad hominem attack against an intellectual, not against an idea, is highly flattering. It indicates that the person does not have anything intelligent to say about your message."

- Nassim Nicholas Taleb "The Black Swan" P-297

Atticus you are exaggerating. I am not hawking anything.

Can we please stay focused on trading?

#53     Oct 25, 2011
  4. Atticus, please keep your replies civilized. No need to use offensive language.

The only claim made here is that the daily wicks are usually larger than 20 pips. That has been shown with a frequency distribution of wick sizes.

Therefore, entering trades within 20 pips of the daily low or daily high should be profitable more times than not.

#54     Oct 25, 2011
  5. All defined after the fact. You're making my argument better than I can.

State a entry and exit price. If you don't initiate the trade with an exit then you must follow-up with a real-time exit. The rest is superfluous.

#55     Oct 25, 2011
  6. I clicked on this thread looking for amusement and am now wondering if the TheRumpledOne is Jack Hershey's cousin?

With many years of trading experience under my belt I can definitely state with confidence that buying the daily low or selling the daily high and closing the position after that point in time is an extremely profitable strategy! There's just that one little nagging issue ... my pet rat doesn't seem to know when they occur.:mad:

#56     Oct 25, 2011
  7. Did you see the charts I posted of AUDUSD today?

A chart was posted when the price was within 20 pips of the daily low and was followed by a chart when the price was over 50 pips above the daily low. It should be obvious that this can be profitable.

Atticus, if you are a profitable trader then I would assume you have your own thread where you post. The reason you are posting in this thread is not clear. You have amassed almost 7,000 posts on elite trader in less time then my 450. And you talk about me posting a lot!!

#57     Oct 25, 2011
  8. No, I am not Jack's cousin.

I don't know when they occur either. But I do know that sooner or later the current daily low will be the low of the day and I am happy and profitable taking my chances.

#58     Oct 25, 2011
  9. Where did I state you post a lot on ET?

#59     Oct 25, 2011
  10. Quote from atticus:

C'mon man. You're on dozens of boards hawking some new system with no exit parameters. It's a joke.

#60     Oct 25, 2011