No Branding - Like A Rat!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TheRumpledOne, Oct 17, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

=============================================
    GREEN RAT REVERSAL TRADE

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

============================================

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

#11     Oct 18, 2011
  2. [​IMG]

"Now, 2 patterns of market behavior happen on a regular basis:

1) the price breaks to new high's (or low's)

2) the price reverses from new high's (or low's)

They happen regardless of time frame (with the obvious limitations explained above)

They are phenomena that can be exploited without the fear if found out by others, that they might cease to exist." - H. Rearden

"The technique is so simple that just several lessons (or a few pages of explanations) cover it all. Now what? Now the student has to practice, practice and practice again to understand what he had been taught. The teacher DOES know much more than the student, but his understanding can't be "passed", "transferred" or taught in any way -- not even by reading books."

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT TRADING, INDICATORS, CODING, ETC... Post your questions in the forum. Thank you.

#12     Oct 18, 2011
  3. [​IMG]

Current price is 50 pips above current daily low.

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

#13     Oct 19, 2011
  4. [​IMG]

Current price is 88 pips above current daily low.

#14     Oct 20, 2011
  5. Thaum

Thaum

Hello TRO,

I've been following your threads with great interest for a year or two, and have been trying to incorporate your approach in my trading.

Perhaps I'm being over-optimistic, but early signs with a small real account show that I'm starting to make money doing this.

It's early days, but to my eye, you have distilled it down very nicely at the beginning of this thread.

Of particular interest to me is not looking for the high low of the day, but trading off any significant low or high (I have to work during London and US trading hours.

Anyway, I thought I would post a little trade I squeezed in today. Green arrow is the opening candle (entry at the green line, and the red arrow is the closing candle (blue line shows my exit level) - I closed with a five pip profit.

There was an even better reversal a few bars later which moved about 20 pips. Alas I wasn't around to trade that one.

I usually use a 10 pip SL, and try to get 10+ pips if I can.

Many thanks for your thought-provoking posts.

Incidently, I also appreciate any critical posts by other forum members - I always like to see more than one perspective.

Many Thanks,

Thaum

#15     Oct 20, 2011
  6. Hello Thaum.

It's nice to know the information in this thread is profitable for you.

Thanks for posting.

#16     Oct 21, 2011
  7. [​IMG]

Current price is 9 pips above the current daily low.

The important part is to enter WITHIN 20 pips of the daily low. The RAT REVERSAL is only one entry method.

Let's clear things up:

1) To trade like a RAT is to ALWAYS trade in ONE DIRECTION - either LONG or SHORT. Once you pick a "team", you can't switch.

2) The "within 20 pips of the daily high/low" is the BEST possible entry to get the maximum run BUT the RAT REVERSAL entry works ANYWHERE on the chart.

#17     Oct 21, 2011
  8. Your last thread was deleted because you TAKE DONATIONS so you started another one?

Why don't you just trade this thing and make money? You have been pumping it on SEVERAL forums for over 2 years always claiming it is to HELP people.

You NEVER answer any tough question with anything other than condescension.

Learn how to TRADE Avery and you wouldn't have to "suspiciously" sell (for donations) on trading forums.

Just trying to help.

BTW....the RAT is aweful when back tested. I will keep the Yale education.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" - Thomas Tusser

#18     Oct 21, 2011
  9. In case you are wondering why the charts have changed, it is because I was accused of "branding". I find it amusing on the one hand and annoying on the other.

#19     Oct 21, 2011
  10. [​IMG]

GREEN RAT REVERSAL TRADE

1) price within 20 pips of the daily low - that is OPPORTUNITY

2) red candle closes

3) green candle closes - note the high price of the green candle.

4) enter long at the green candle's high price

5) STOP LOSS IS 10 PIPS

6) Take whatever profit you can.

7) If the rules do not mention it, then it is of no concern.

#20     Oct 21, 2011