No Boot Screen, No Beep, No Nuthin'

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hcour, Apr 15, 2008.

1. hcour, if you replaced the video card, there is a 90% chance this is a bios issue NOT MEMORY because memory is only tested during post test after the bios is up and running. you should try flashing the bios by shorting the flash bios pins on your mobo while pressing the power button

#11     Apr 15, 2008
  2. I had a comparable problem last summer and indeed it was the mboard.

lj

#12     Apr 15, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Or, could upgrade to a PIII.

#13     Apr 15, 2008
  4. WD40

WD40

did you plug in your monitor?

#14     Apr 15, 2008
  5. Gnome, you little scamp. :p

#15     Apr 15, 2008
  6. Yeah and those new PC-AT's are okay too, but I still like my XT Turbo 4MHZ...

Sheesh gnome, last time I looked it was 2008! :D

#16     Apr 15, 2008
  7. Imma go with WD40, is your monitor connected properly and is the monitor working properly? If it's not the monitor, prolly the motherboard. Power surges tend to cause this type of problem, which makes me wonder, did you have the proper protection in place against power surges?

Just run the computer by a local computer shop and have em check each part. Should take em a day or so.

#17     Apr 15, 2008
  8. sg20

sg20

I think you have a BIOS problem; try to reinstall Windows to see if it's the case, at the prompt chose the option to leave current system files intact...

After installation you'll need to download the fresh
    BIOS updates from board's manufacturer.

sg20

#18     Apr 16, 2008
  9. horseman

horseman

If it's 5 yr old, you might want to check the cmos battery also

#19     Apr 16, 2008
  10. maxpi

maxpi

95% of computer problems are interconnects. Pull and replug all the plugs and pull out the memory sticks and clean their pins with a pencil eraser and reinsert them. Learn to handle all the computer stuff while touching the computer case to drain off the static charges that can wreck things in an instant.

A friend of mine fixed his computer last week, a small piece of paper had gotten in where an interconnect was somehow and was blocking the pin!!

I like to reinstall the operating system about once a month just to keep things running well also and a reinstall is a good idea if have problems you can't otherwise fix...

#20     Apr 16, 2008