No bailout...but rate cuts?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, Sep 15, 2008.

1. I can't help but barf at the timing of this whole debacle...
    just before the Fed meeting...
    aren't these crooks on the same team?

So looks like Hanky Panky Paulson said 'fuck you' to the IB's and told them no bailouts...

so now the IB's are giving a big 'fuck you' right back to the Treasury, by collapsing the equity markets...

and in return, the Treasury reinstates the no naked selling rule..

What's your next move IB's? Wait for a rate cut?

If there is no rate cut, Katie bar the doooor...

2. dealer

dealer

I wouldn't be surprised to see :

- a Fed rate cut on Monday morning before 08:30 EST.

- SEC changing the rules (again) on short selling...

Any positive equity market influence will be short lived though. Stocks need to find their own level without being manipulated. The sooner that happens, the sooner the repair process can begin.

3. By no means am I an expert on this matter, but wouldn't Uncle Bernie look dumb and dumber, if he isn't already, should he do that? He doesn't have much ammunition left to play Rambo.

4. S2007S

S2007S

EXACTLY RIGHT, every single F$c^ing time something happens in the market they step in a bail everyone out or manipulate some kind of plan to help wallstreet, I have been saying this for months and months and months that the only thing that is going fix these problems is time, they continue to step in and prop up the markets everytime something fails. I actually think doing this is doing worse for the economy than better, everyone thought rate cuts would help, how much of a fool do you have to be to believe a bunch of rate cuts is going to fix this problem, its not. Greenspan destroyed the system by lowering rates to historical lows back in 2001-2002, the same thing cannot be done again, they have to refrain from cutting rates even further. Enough is enough, if they were smart enough they would have never let this get to where it is today. This market needs a serious wake up call. These failures in the banking system are going to cause great problems in this already slowing economy, expect unemployment to rise dramatically over the next 18 months as the recession we are "ALREADY" in worsens.