No answers where there is only questions.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nitro, Dec 18, 2012.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

'in his mind' to spare them from a possible future disappoinment.

#11     Dec 18, 2012
  2. nitro

nitro

That is an interesting idea that never occurred to me. Same "line of reasoning" that led to the decision to kill his own mother.

#12     Dec 18, 2012
  3. nitro

nitro

Well, yes. How many atrocities can be correlated to "barbie dolls and cut them to pieces with a victrorinix swiss army knife" ? if the answer is statistically conclusive, we should look at just that!

I understand where you are going, but imo it is ill conceived. I am looking at the mean, you are looking at the tails. I am not worried about tails until they become closer to the mean, when "100 year floods" happen every ten years.

#13     Dec 18, 2012
  4. zdreg

zdreg

"ill conceived"is your post. nice try, but you haven't shown causality or correlation. you jumped on a bandwagon precipitated by a forbes' article

#14     Dec 18, 2012
  5. nitro

nitro

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/video-game-violence.htm

The problem is that it is not universal, but that doesn't meant that there may be causation. It may affect a certain type of child one way, and another in not the same way.

The medical community is coming to terms with this in every sense. There is no longer a correct diet, there is only a correct diet for you genetic makeup. There is no correct medicine, only the correct medicine for your genetic makeup. There is no correct psychiatric help, only one for which you are likely to respond to. The problem is that laws have to apply to all of us, even though one law may be stupid for you but absolutely critical for me. For example, if I have a gene that gives me a 90% chance of becoming an alcoholic, and you a 10% change of the same, as a society, should alcohol be illegal for me and not for you? What about insurance companies, should they charge me more for certain types of liver diseases than they do you? Would this lead to "Gattaca" ?

Genomic evidence will change our future. Unfortunately, brain science is so far behind anything else that it will be difficult to prove correlation leads to causation even with Genomic evidence.

#15     Dec 18, 2012
  6. Finding a video game as a scapegoat is like killing people to prove they are witches.... stop watching the mainstream nancy grace sensationalism...

#16     Dec 18, 2012
  7. Nitro go back one layer and start over.

Then repeat.

Mom bought a gun.

back one more

Rifle was old enough to be GF'ed in.

etc......

#17     Dec 18, 2012
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Nitro, you're on the road to Gattaca, which is a huge mistake. Often the biggest psychopaths are in Government. They will legislate which genes are "desirable" and which aren't. After that, most of us will end up dead or genetically lobotomized not to question authority. Recipe for disaster. Psychopaths are a fixture of our existence. This is nothing new.

And where is the outrage for the few hundred thousand dead Iraqis? Or Afghani's? It's a joke.

#18     Dec 18, 2012
  9. there are reports that "he" wasn't able to feel either physical pain or emotional pain......so he probably didn't have any qualms with killing 20 little precious children

psychopath?

#19     Dec 18, 2012
  10. Mysteron

Mysteron