NLP 'Eliminating Fear' technique

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Wallace, Apr 24, 2006.

1. This is a great technique that could be applied to many different scenarios — to save you digging your putter out of the green perhaps or being out bluffed on the poker table.

Applicable I think to emotions other than 'fear'.

• nlp.pdf
      File size:
      14.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Fear = Being Humble

3. Wallace = Charles Faulkner

4. Hamlet

Hamlet

Does a trader necessarily want to eliminate all fear? Could it not be detrimental to be "fearless" (by having a negative impact on good risk management, willingness to take losses, etc) when trading?

I've wondered about the NLP application to trading, since the mindset that NLP seeks to achieve (as I understand it anyway, my knowledge of it is cursory) seems to conflict with the traits that are generally desirable in trading. For example, a trader should be humble, willing to admit being wrong quickly and many times over and over as necessary, whereas NLP seeks to instill in the mind the belief that "I can achieve anything that I truly believe and commit to".

I look forward to comments from those more familiar with NLP.

5. NLP 'Eliminating Fear' technique

Yeah! Great!
    Going broke without fear.
    :D

6. six years old, time to reprise

7. re-booting — you're welcome

8. Peter8519

Peter8519

This may help. If have $100K, risk only $10K. Believe you me, the fear will go away. This just a small part of the game. The most important of all is how well ones know the market. By constantly looking at the charts helps. Once ones get proficient in chart reading, it takes less than a second per chart. Once a month, I listen to music with subliminal message(positive reinforcement) for about 1 hour. Can listen to the music while doing chart reading. There is no short cut to success in trading. It's all hard work.;)