NLP...care to share?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Steve Tvardek, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The reason that NLP exists in the first place is that Richard Bandler and John Grinder were researching various therapuetic methods and discovered (uncovered?) consistant behavioral patterns of the practitioners that lead to consistant results with their clients.

I in no way disagree with your thoughts on how beliefs work, it's just not the "basic" or founding principal of NLP. If you don't believe me, why not contact Richard himself, he'll tell 'ya :)

Before it comes up, I'm stating categorically that I in no way wish to "convert" anyone to NLP. I only wish to share my experiences and knowledge of the subject with those who are interested and to correct any errors, intended or otherwise, regarding NLP. And, I welcome being corrected too, when done accurately, based on real information and not wishful thinking or assumption.

#41     Dec 22, 2005
  2. Tradefox

Tradefox

Sure and it will only cost you 5k to ask him yourself personally and then you will probably get some ridicules ambiguous answer in some altered voice to make you THINK he is DEEP and knowing.

LOL

Save your money.

I have spent lots of time with the NLP crowd and I am not knocking them but the MAJORITY need to fix THEMSELVES but they seem to ignore that and want to fix everyone else and in my 7 years of experience have shown very questionable results.

#42     Dec 22, 2005
  3. Tradefox

Tradefox

Let's try an NLP exercise shall we?

Let's start with a VERY easy beginner one.

Think of a GOOD child hood memory !

Now

Make that picture BIG and colorful and warm.

Now

Think of yourself in a difficult trade where you may exit too soon or the pressure is on and your unsure of what to do.

See that in your mind.

Now

Take the Good Childhood memory and overlap it onto the picture of the stressful trade!

Tada

Now your a better trader and you can handle trades easier...

LOL

Even though this is a VERY simple technique and a basic NLP exercise it really is this ridicules !!!

#43     Dec 22, 2005
  4. Tradefox

Tradefox

Listen it's not ALL bad and I am not knocking it completely but too many folks in it take it far too seriously and it's really just recognizing natural thought processes and then doing simple exercises to try and alter them and like I said the results I saw after 7 years of study where questionable at best.

I put it in the same category as acupuncture.

Sure it can be useful but it really depends on many factors (especially the practioner) and in my humble opinion it has lots of limitations.

#44     Dec 22, 2005

5. in my opinion and experience FOX, bandler's stuff works. however, i think he went off the deep end.

surfer

#45     Dec 22, 2005
  6. Tradefox

Tradefox

Just a little ... don't ya think ... :eek: :D

#46     Dec 22, 2005
  7. Tradefox

Tradefox

I will say this about Richard Bandler.

He is an very loving Father and Husband and his relationship with his wife and children is very deep and caring.

That is the one thing that I will always admire the most about him and he has my respect in that area of life and I will always wish them well as people and friends.

It still doesn't change my opinion of the usefulness of NLP though. :)

#47     Dec 22, 2005
  8. Bundlemaker,

I really know very little about NLP, but I do recall an earlier thread on it to which yu contributed a great deal of material that was very interesting. In particular, you outlined a process for reversing bad habits or counterproductive behavior. I wonder if you recall that and if you could repeat it? thanks.

#48     Dec 22, 2005
  9. Ross Jeffries found a very utilitarian application of NLP... HAHAHA! I first heard about NLP in reference to Jeffries and then did more reading from Bandler, Robbins, etc. The person that told me about Jeffries needed his system, not myself of course! :D

Like anything in life, if you plan and organize your thoughts you will be better prepared for whatever path you follow. NLP is helpful on many levels and successful people naturally display many characteristics of a master practioner without ever studying NLP.

#49     Dec 22, 2005
  10. ridiculous I think that's the word you were looking for, isn't it?

now,

that's much more better!!!! :D

#50     Dec 22, 2005