NLP...care to share?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Steve Tvardek, Dec 21, 2005.

1. There are a few things I'd like to improve about myself.

As far as trading is concerned, I want to become more risk tolerant in the situations I deem as good opportunities. As of now, I consider myself a solid trader but I can see myself hitting a wall at some point if I dont open myself up to taking on more risk. Everyone I work with praises me concerning how disciplined I am day in and day out and, while I am very happy to have that skill, I'd like to improve my offensive game.

As far as other things, I'd like to place more importance on getting in good shape again. I played D1 baseball and was always playing sports growing up but these days I do less and less physical activity. I'm 6'2 195 so I am not heavy for my height but i'd like to make a lifestyle change for the better and "create" the habit of doing regular exercise. For some reason, I cant get myself started again. And as traders, its probably even more important to help deal with the stresses associated with what we do.

Basically, I just want to see if these mental blocks we put up in our own heads can be taken down through NLP.

#11     Dec 21, 2005
  2. Pabst

Pabst

Does being a "lefty" help you hit inside bids easier?

#12     Dec 21, 2005
  3. I hit lefty, throw righty....how did you know that?

Actually had a serious shoulder injury from hitting an inside pitch. Torn my labrum almost completely around. Shortened my college career. But no matter, trading is my new sport :D

#13     Dec 21, 2005
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Googled ya....

#14     Dec 21, 2005
  5. Cheese

Cheese

Is NLP a fancy name for being positive? The idea of using postive mantras has been around for a very long time. Yes, if needed when you've become negative, using positive mantras can have great value, definitely.

But if you do not know your market, NLP is not going to turn you into a winner.
    Happy loser, maybe.
    :)

#15     Dec 21, 2005
  6. Of course, you cant turn a losing trader into a winning trader by positive mantras. You have to know how to win first and then learn how to win bigger and better.

In 2004, I made 4k net trading which was my 1st year (started May 2004). This year up 120k (30 times better than last year which is definitely a big improvement). I want to keep getting better and better but also can see my shortcomings as barriers to improvement. And it seems like a few slight adjustments can make all the difference in the world.

I dont know if you can be a happy loser in trading unless "donating" money to other traders soothes your soul. Kinda like charity work :D

#16     Dec 21, 2005
  7. Tradefox

Tradefox

I trained for 7 years directly with Richard Bandler and John LaValle.

I have certificates coming out of the wood work from practioner all the way to Trainer and everything in between.

Total cost was around $50,000 including all the traveling.

When it was all said and done .... I made some good friends and enjoyed the travel.

Save your money !!!

#17     Dec 21, 2005
  8. tony robbins is a franchisee of richard bandler. does this stuff work? yes.

best,

surfer

#18     Dec 21, 2005
  9. I have to agree with market surfer on this one. I have use Anthony Robbins material for many years now, and I find it particularily useful when trading gets tough.

#19     Dec 21, 2005
  10. Doesn't the word "franchisee" seem out of place in this context? Speaking only for myself, I'm not sure I would want my mental health issues attended to by "businessmen" who invested in a "franchise."

#20     Dec 21, 2005