NJ the model blue state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Wow, imagine that, Corzine wants to raise taxes (I'm shocked!!) and when the rest of the Demos won't go along, he shuts down the government. So, now it looks like New Jersey voters get a tax increase, and (for the time being) no government!!

. . . Thats dodo's fiscal responsibility . . . classic

#21     Jul 5, 2006
  2. Corzine. Shades of Jim Florio.

#22     Jul 5, 2006
  3. You, pabst and other rightwingers are so obsessed with greed and taxes that you can't see beyond your nose, fortunately for people who use their brain taxation is not the only criteria, they actually want to know what their taxes are paying for and whether it's worth it. They are interested in better schools, better healthcare, better roads, safety net, better security, better legal system etc, they do understand that it costs money and they are more than willing to pay.

And yeah, cutting salaries of teachers, firefighters, cops etc (aka government employees) is disgusting.

#23     Jul 5, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Let's make something clear. DOODOO LIVES ON A GOVERNMENT PENSION!!!! You EARN YOUR BREAD OFF OTHER PEOPLES TAXES. I don't. Taxes would be great if they bought the services you describe. They don't though. Taxes exist for ONE reason. To pay fucks like you who work for the government and to pay trolls who do business with the government. Education, LMFAO. If by schooling you mean enriching the NEA, absolutely. You can argue your bullshit till you're blue in the face but the average guy in Atlanta or Charlotte or Birmingham or Jackson has a MUCH better life than those who are paying half their income in mortgage and the other half in taxes so they can live the American "dream" on the PATH each day. Get real.

#24     Jul 5, 2006
  5. LOL, you're assuming too much pabst, there is nothing wrong with letting your imagination loose when you're 10 years old but at your age pabst it's embarrassing.

Well, not according to Bankruptcy Filing Statistics:
    Quarterly Filings by State (2006) vs population by state

Alabama 3,687 - 4,557,808
    California 6,543 - 36,132,147
    Connecticut 786 - 3,510,297
    Florida 4,833 - 17,789,864
    Georgia 8,643 - 9,072,576
    Massachusetts 1,388 - 6,398,743
    New Jersey 2,829 - 8,717,925
    New York 5,262 - 19,254,630
    North Carolina 3,848 - 8,683,242

http://www.abiworld.org/Template.cf...TaggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=61&ContentID=5236
    http://www.abiworld.org/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm?ContentID=19683

Yep, they must be pretty happy in Birmingham, their bankruptcy rate is about 5 times higher than in California.

#25     Jul 5, 2006
  6. Pabst, are you saying dddooo retired after working for the US government?

I find it hard to believe that dddooo is middle-aged, let alone retired.

#26     Jul 5, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

That's what Ashcroft told me.......

#27     Jul 5, 2006
  8. Jeez, another bush cabinet member leaking classified information. :D

#28     Jul 5, 2006