Nixon and Kissinger were antisemitic, not the recent threads

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Yes, you can be Jewish and be antisemitic.

“The emigration of Jews from the Soviet Union is not an objective of American foreign policy,” Mr. Kissinger said. “And if they put Jews into gas chambers in the Soviet Union, it is not an American concern. Maybe a humanitarian concern.”

“I know,” Nixon responded. “We can’t blow up the world because of it.”

“The Jews have certain traits,” Nixon said. “The Irish have certain — for example, the Irish can’t drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I’ve known gets mean when he drinks. Particularly the real Irish.”

Nixon continued: “The Italians, of course, those people course don’t have their heads screwed on tight. They are wonderful people, but,” and his voice trailed off.

A moment later, Nixon returned to Jews: “The Jews are just a very aggressive and abrasive and obnoxious personality.”

Nixon also strongly hinted that his reluctance to even consider amnesty for young Americans who went to Canada to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam War was because, he told Mr. Colson, so many of them were Jewish.

“I didn’t notice many Jewish names coming back from Vietnam on any of those lists; I don’t know how the hell they avoid it,” he said, adding: “If you look at the Canadian-Swedish contingent, they were very disproportionately Jewish. The deserters.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/11/us/politics/11nixon.html?_r=1

Mr. Kissinger, have you no shame?
    http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/Kissinger+have+shame/4034743/story.html

2. I don't think it's a case of anti-semitism, more like a case of "damn if you do, damn if you don't". While I have no love lost for Kissinger, if he had supported the soviet Jews he'd be accused of dual loyalty and putting jewish interests ahead of american ones, now he is accused of anti-semitism instead.

Needless to say his wording could have been much more sensitive but anti-semitism it is not, just a typical american jew putting the interests of his country first.

3. Of course you can be Jewish and antisemitic, because they are not synonymous in any practical or scientific sense...

Jewish is a member of the Jewish religion, and Semitic is a classification of a member of any of various ancient and modern Semitic-speaking peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, Arabs, and Ethiopian Semites.

4. [​IMG]

5. The most unfortunate trait about the still living Kissinger is that he is not only antisemitic, he is very much anti-human rights:

" Here's what we would find: the secret and illegal bombing of Indochina, explicitly timed and prolonged to suit the career prospects of Nixon and Kissinger. The pair's open support for the Pakistani army's 1971 genocide in Bangladesh, of the architect of which, Gen. Yahya Khan, Kissinger was able to say: "Yahya hasn't had so much fun since the last Hindu massacre." Kissinger's long and warm personal relationship with the managers of other human abattoirs in Chile and Argentina, as well as his role in bringing them to power by the covert use of violence. The support and permission for the mass murder in East Timor, again personally guaranteed by Kissinger to his Indonesian clients. His public endorsement of the Chinese Communist Party's sanguinary decision to clear Tiananmen Square in 1989. His advice to president Gerald Ford to refuse Alexander Solzhenitsyn an invitation to the White House (another favour, as with spitting on Soviet Jewry, to his friend Leonid Brezhnev). His decision to allow Saddam Hussein to slaughter the Kurds after promising them American support. His backing for a fascist coup in Cyprus in 1974 and then his defence of the brutal Turkish invasion of the island. His advice to the Israelis, at the beginning of the first intifada, to throw the press out of the West Bank and go for all-out repression. His view that ethnic cleansing in former Yugoslavia was something about which nothing could be done. Forget the criminal aspect here (or forget it if you can). All those policies were also political and diplomatic disasters."

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/Kissinger+have+shame/4034743/story.html

6. God damn! and who the fuck died and put a piece of shit like you as the judge of who is anti shit and who is not?

Fuck off you ziomnist Khazarah, you filthy fuck have less Semitic DNA than a piece of pubic hair off my right ball.

7. Happy new year to you too sweetheart! Hope you and your tribe will have enough courage to do the right thing next year, recognize Israel's right to exist and establish a fair 2 state solution. L'chaim to that!

8. jem

jem

I take offense... How can Nixon act like some Irish are not happy drunks?