Nite Session U.S. Index Futures

Discussion in 'Journals' started by osorico, May 7, 2007.

1. FYI: FESX rollover occurs AFTER todays european session. So, tonight (ie tomorrow 3am) the "U" contract will be front.

Osorico :)

#81     Jun 7, 2007
  2. Schaefer

Schaefer

I trade the Euro futures. It coincides with the London open :)

Schaefer.

#82     Jun 7, 2007

3. Thank you for the confirm Schaefer.

Good trading to you,
    Osorico :)

#83     Jun 7, 2007
  4. #84     Jun 8, 2007
  5. That's an interesting link Vertigo. Thanks. But it's not accurate. London is an hour earlier than France or Germany. London is GMT. Germany and France are GMT+1, also known as CET, (Central European Time

According to the Deutche bourse, the trading floor opens at 9am CET. Heres a link...

http://deutsche-boerse.com/dbag/dispatch/en/kir/gdb_navigation/trading_members

I can't find trading hours info on the LSE site (believe me I've looked. The LSE site sucks!), but according to other sources, London trading begins at 7am GMT, which is 8am CET

Osorico

#85     Jun 8, 2007
  6. Maybe the poster from London can clarify, but osorico, when I look at the table of times presented in the url I posted, I see GMT of 7:00 for all of those markets. GMT is GMT.
    Isn't GMT supposed to be the global time reference.
    7:00 am GMT is 7:00 am GMT. ???

also, if you scroll down that page, you can see holidays for the exchanges.

#86     Jun 8, 2007
  7. Well sure, GMT=GMT. And as I said, the info on that link is not accurate. At least that's the way I see it. All european bourses do not open at the same time. London does open first however.

Anyway, going back a few posts to where I posted the FESX volume by time of day, you can see the affect of GMT and GMT+1 markets opening. Of note is that there is NO DATA at all for the 2:00-2:15am (est) increment, which is 7am GMT, 8am CET. This suggests either FESX has a delayed open based on LSE opening, IQFeed data is inaccurate, or my data extraction is screwed.

Osorico

#87     Jun 8, 2007
  8. I just chatted with a trader from UK, he says all three open at the same time for sure.

#88     Jun 8, 2007