Nite Session U.S. Index Futures

Discussion in 'Journals' started by osorico, May 7, 2007.

1. volente_00

volente_00

#21     May 14, 2007
  2. I agree about a mini Nikkei thread but would go further and say an Asian futures section would be good so we had a place where all these threads could be aggregated. We could look at HSI, KOSPI, SPI, Nikkei etc would be a valuable resource

Cheers

Cheers

#22     May 14, 2007
  3. volente 00, 3am ET is when the DAX opens. Does anyone here look at the DAX to see if there is a correlation between its price action and the price action of the overnight US futures.

#23     May 14, 2007
  4. Dax has been a lead indicator for the US indexes the past few months that I have been watching it

Cheers

#24     May 14, 2007
  5. I agree. Further it seems Asia, HSI of all things, leads the DAX.

Im glad you qualified this as only within the last few months. The current linkage or synchronization of world indexes is a phenomenon, anomoly, whatever you want to call it, unprecedented in history. This should be remembered while doing longer backtesting and analysis. IMO, this syncrhronization is not permanent.

#25     May 14, 2007
  6. It's these sorts of observations that create statistical edges for traders. Once they become widely known they lose their punch.

#26     May 14, 2007
  7. volente_00

volente_00

I have been night trading ES and YM since 2005 and the 3:00 am fade trade still has a high win rate.

#27     May 14, 2007
  8. volente_00

volente_00

I only watch US futures. All I know is when 3:00 EST hits, the programs fire off and the volume spikes and fading it is a simple edge that has worked great since 2005.

#28     May 14, 2007
  9. I need to adjust my schedule slightly to play MDT. But I gotta tell ya, I've been looking at FESX (DJ Euro Stoxx 50). Liquidity right up to (and after) the U.S. open. Comparable margin compared to overnite YM.

I may need to change the title of the journal. :eek:

Osorico :)

#29     May 14, 2007
  10. nove

nove

If you like estx50 then look at bund (european equivalent of the tnote) as well. It opens one hour earlier than estx, has about the same size and trends slightly better than estx.

#30     May 14, 2007