NinjaTrader

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by stockman20, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Anyone here use Ninjatrader for backtesting and/or automation? I have been using it for about a week now and am curious of other people's thoughts.

2. DavidDA

DavidDA

I have been tried it with MBtrading borokerage, but there was no any execution all the time. Seams the systems needs some testing itselves.

3. SlvrBear

SlvrBear

StockMan,

I'm about to pull the trigger on NinjaTrader and was searching the board for any info ... not much to review; how is your experience with NinjaTrader coming along and what broker r u using? Thanks

SB

4. 2006

It's buggy. If they fixed all the bugs and got range bars. Then maybe.

5. SlvrBear

SlvrBear

Roger that.

I narrowed platforms down to DirectPro and NinjaTrader ... looks like DirectPro could be it. Thanks!

6. So far I have just been testing it out. I was planning on using it for automated FX trading through FOREX.com, but it's so full of bugs that I may wait. We'll have to see how many updates they come out with in the coming months.

A note to all: Tradestation securities now has fully integrated automated FX trading (starting in July)

7. Don't know anything about DirectPro. Would you mind doing a quick comparison vs Ninjatrader?

8. SlvrBear

SlvrBear

Only at it a short while but using DirectPro eval screen layouts were friendlier and NT a bit crowded for me; DP allows layout to be modified; didn't see that in NT ... broker options limited on DP for now only Terra Nova and Penson, but I'd consider tolerating Penson to use the program. Again, all over a few weeks and demo/eval versions, but I like what I see in DP

9. Surfeur

Surfeur

Hi Stockman20,

I want also used NT v6 with FOREX.com.

You say that find bugs ? Can you say more ? where exactly ?

Thx for your feedback.
    Regards.
    Ludo.

#10     Jul 4, 2007