NinjaTrader + Zenfire toast today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kcgoogler, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Zen fire appears oversubscribed, Rhimic is fine. Zen ain't what it used to be.

#21     Mar 9, 2011
  2. beaker

beaker

Ray,

(Sorry for the double post above)

Just to be clear we both (me in the midwest and my buddy on wthe west cost) BOTH saw the same lag with respect to TradeStation. He's like "what's up?" ... and at the same time I see it.... all while TS is showing new prints to both of us and my IB resting order got filled where Ninja/Zen hasn't even shown movement to that further price yet (until a few seconds later).

Also, regarding the different # of tick bars. I understand what you're saying with regards to when the first bar starts wrt session opening, etc. It's not that. I can take a random swing low well after the open... count the bars in TS to the next swing low ... and get fewer bars in Ninja/Zen. I've spent a lot time analyzing tick data over the years.... what I'm seeing is simply a result of Ninja/Zen getting fewer ticks than TS. I'm sure of it. (And, again, my buddy on the west cost see the EXACT same issue in the # of tick bars). And it's not just a one off type of thing.

#22     Mar 9, 2011
  3. Still some trouble with Zenfire anybody?

(At least I still have connection losses)

#23     Mar 14, 2011
  4. emg

emg

the reason why u are gettimg connection losses because you are using a generic brand.

#24     Mar 14, 2011
  5. I have noticed one thing about Zenfire. With NT7, when you click an order in the Dom, it is slower to respond then when you use NT 6.5. I wonder why this is?

#25     Mar 14, 2011
  6. emg

emg

Because u are using a generic brand. get yourself a real data feed

#26     Mar 14, 2011
  7. I don't think I was asking you, you idiot.

#27     Mar 15, 2011
  8. Not slower. It actually freezes everything, (charts, DOM, T&S) for a second or two then everything resumes once the order is in. I guess the version of NT I have is a beta nightmare. Guess it is time to upgrade. Or just stay with NT 6.5. :(

#28     Mar 15, 2011
  9. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

So far......
    From my experience yesterday and today....it is certainly improved on what it was last week (which was unusable).

I've had no connection issues this week - the main problem last week for me was price freezes....then price surges. On that issue again so far very few (if any) occurences.

JR

#29     Mar 15, 2011