NinjaTrader works with TDAmeritra's Portfolio Margin Account?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mydann, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mydann

mydann

Last time I checked with NinjaTrader (later last year?), they told me that I need to contact TDA for any supporting.

While I checked with TDA, they told me there is no API support for portfolio margin account. The only ways to trade with their portfolio margin account are either web or TOS. They also told me they are going to expire the API support soon, which translates no NinjaTrader for normal margin account.

My auto trading software used to use TradeLink to communicate with TDA through their API while I was not with their portfolio margin account. After upgrading to their portfolio margin account, I have to update my software to trade as their web page. Now my auto trading program is receiving their web page, parsing and sending command through their web server. IOW, my trading software is mimic their web page. This method takes too much time to submit an order, from seconds to tens seconds.

I want if there is anyone having better software to do. Anyone are using any 3rd party software trading through TDA's portfolio margin account?

Thanks in advance.

2. mydann

mydann

Here is a reply from NinjaTrader customer service:
    While TD Ameritrade is a partner of ours, there is no special NinjaTrader exception for this type of account as far as I'm aware.

Is there anyone using TDA's portfolio margin account here? How do you manage your account and submit automatic orders? Any sharing is greatly appreciated.

FYI, I program to parse their web page and submit the orders with their http server. It's error prone and slow. Does their TOS support API now?

3. mydann

mydann

UPDATE: called TDA's client support, TOS support and Portfolio Margin Account support, here is the conclusion: with portfolio margin account, you have to live with their platform to trade. No 3rd party support, period.