NinjaTrader vs MotiveWave vs Investor RT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by greenmoose, May 6, 2020.

1. virtusa

virtusa

I use a FREE version of NT8. I can choose any broker.

#11     May 7, 2020
  2. So, you're using NT8 only for charting/analysis then? And using the trading software from another broker to place your trades?

That is obviously possible.

When I say NT8 is only allowed with a restricted set of brokers, I am of course talking about when you're executing trades directly through NT8.

#12     May 7, 2020
  3. virtusa

virtusa

Exact. Use DOM from my brokers.

#13     May 7, 2020
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  4. I considered doing the same earlier, but went with NT brokerage initially as I wanted to execute directly from the charts.

Pretty much happy, but I may find brokers offering better rates and can then use NT for free, so maybe it's something to consider.

#14     May 7, 2020
  5. Wow!! Thank you. That is fantastic to get some real feedback and I appreciate the time you took to write your thoughts. I think I'm still leaning towards NT. The charting looks excellent and intuitive as well as extensive and as long as some of the frustrations don't affect live trading or speed they seem more annoying than critical flaws.

Again, much appreciated.

#15     May 7, 2020
  6. Pretty much spot on with my NT experience. I tried to migrate to NT8 and I keep running into problems here and there. Manual drawings disppear when I relaunch the platform, crashes if I load too many indicators, etc. I just keep going back to NT7 due to frustration. Charts are still great and easy to use.

I hear NT8 now supports options trading but they have yet to list greeks on it. Equity options are only available with IB though. I think investor RT will likely be the better choice for options data.

#16     May 8, 2020
  7. To clarify, Investor RT does not support options. I thought they did since they have instructions on creating options tables but it doesn't appear that there is any options functionality.

#17     May 8, 2020
  8. And no problems with NT7?

Been a long time since I've used NT7 now. Didn't use any custom indicators or indicators at all and my sophistication may have increased slightly, but I do remember NT7 as mostly flawless and stable.

There are guys on this board who seem to be super happy with NT8 though.

I'm just not one of them. :)

#18     May 8, 2020
    NeedToLearn and greenmoose like this.
  9. Lol I have less issues with NT7 than NT8. Only downside is NT7 does seem a little slower when loading up initially, especially if I have too many charts open.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    #19     May 8, 2020
  10. With IRT, at least you can customize to accomodate your needs like those instructions if you have the datafeed. NT, you probably need advanced coding skills to make the options table fit your needs. I've seen one video years ago who managed to do it on NT7 as well through market analyzer, but it seemed like you would need to do lots of programming.

#20     May 8, 2020