NinjaTrader users: have you encountered this?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ArcticTrader, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Just got my demo set up at mirus. I can see a diffrence already. I run XP on a 2.93GHz, 1GB of RAM. Nothing else on this computer.

#21     Jun 9, 2009
  2. ArcticTrader

ArcticTrader Guest

I have done some testing this morning with various settings, and I have narrowed down the performance issues to two main things:

1. Time & sales is very intensive, removing it speeds up performance.

2. Even more importantly, range charts are also very intensive... even without any indicators, a range chart seems to slow things down significantly. With a few range charts open the time and sales coming in lags in a noticeable manner.

Apparently NY7 has a number of performance improvements - hopefully we will get to see them soon!

#22     Jun 9, 2009
  3. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

All,

For all you eMini traders you might want to check out a new product, eSignal OnDemand Mini Futures.

The CME is waiving the exchange fees for this product with its integrated trading. Includes the full eSignal software with EFS advanced tick charting, trading from the charts, and trading from the DOM display. It also includes back fill intraday and daily history charts. It is $45 per month.

Currently works with IB, OptionXpress, MB, and PFG.

The broker plug in for Zenfire / Mirus and TransAct should be released soon.

http://www.esignal.com/ondemand/ondemand_minifutures.aspx

Chuck

#23     Jun 10, 2009