NinjaTrader - Stay Away From It!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BillCh, Mar 6, 2009.

1. BillCh

BillCh

I don't know how to say how much I regret to have spent weeks with NinjaTrader in the hope to get it to work, but it simply is an unreliable software, and the people behind it are not at least capable of dealing with real trading issues.

The software cannot be used for automated trading in an live environment. It provides false information leading to false trade executions, and it also crahes completly from time to time.

The price of $1000/$1500 is a bargain compared to what this thing really is going to cost you, also in terms of wasted time, not even counting the communication with "very level 1" support personnel which is forced to reply as quickly as they can - but what you get is links to standard websites explaining basic stuff for beginners - clearly the target customer group of shiny looking NinjaTrader.

Their developers, mainly based in Europe, might be capable or not, but nobody cares. They love their products and arrogantly belive it never fails - even if a couple of different customers reporting the same issues over and over.

2. I've been using it for 4 months and love it. I've got it doing exactly what I want . Never going back to Esignal or need to consider any other for that matter.

You dont work for eshit do you?

3. lpchad

lpchad

Ninja takes too long to load a chart (only IB is worse) and can't link them to a security you are viewing. E-Signal is instant and can link to many brokers like lightspeed with ease.

4. I've been using NT on a daily basis to trade the e-minis for 3 years. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a problem, and I got those rare situations solved instantly by calling my broker.

If you're having problems with NT, it may be due to which data feed you're connected with. I work with Mirus Futures which uses the Zen-Fire data feed.

5. my NT works great

I had one problem once where my NT dom was slow. I reinstalled and the problem was fixed immediately.

I really like NT with Zen Fire

6. IMHO NinjaTrader is a good software.

Not great.

But it is good for what it does and it gets the job done at this trading level.

Good trading.

7. kanellop

kanellop

Hello BillCh.

Which is the Brokerage Firm that you use for Automated Trading with your Ninja Trader ?

Kind Regards,

George Kanellopoulos.

8. Gets the job done but their is a learning curve to handle the tool with out loping off a finger.......read first and than operate.

9. MGB

MGB

For me, NinjaTrader works great for me

1) Broker agnostic
    2) Data feed agnostic
    3) Develop your own custom indicators and strategies. Awesome.
    4) Backtesting
    5) Charting
    6) Real-time scanning
    7) Only pay for the license when you actually trade through a NinjaTrader-compatible broker. Otherwise, use all the other features for free.

10. auspiv

auspiv

right now 6.5 is a decent piece of software. hopefully version 7 will live up to expectations when it comes out within a few months.

#10     Mar 7, 2009