NinjaTrader on Windows 7 / 64bit OS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by RedEyeFly, Sep 7, 2010.

1. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Yes, 6.5 will be available for quite some time, there are no plans to deprecate it although we will not be updating it. If you are continuing to run into crashes, please help us out (if you are not doing so already) and report this to our support team. It will be of tremendous help to us.

Thanks in advance.

#41     Sep 10, 2010
  2. NinjaTrader_Ray

Please see this thread for instructions on how to enable 64-bit support.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=33389

#42     Sep 10, 2010
  3. BCE

BCE

Quoting from that link:
    "NinjaTrader Version 7 Beta 21 introduces native 64-bit support for Zen-Fire and Vision Financial Markets. Native 64-bit is implemented through a new underlying API that is in beta. Please proceed with caution." A Beta on top of a Beta. Sounds very risky. Any word on the time frame when the underlying API will move from the beta phase? Thanks.

#43     Sep 10, 2010
  4. BCE

BCE

I'll just be fooling around with NT7 beta when I'm not doing live trading but maybe some paper trading say on a Sunday. I'm not sure how volume may affect its performance. And I'm glad to share any crash data with you.

#44     Sep 10, 2010
  5. NinjaTrader_Ray

I have clarified that statement. The underlying API is new to us and not in beta but its integration is in beta. I can't give you an ETA when this integration will move out of beta. Fairly quickly as its implementation was straight forward.

#45     Sep 10, 2010
  6. >>The underlying API is new to us and not in beta but its integration is in beta.>>

Well, the exact Disclaimer we see when the 'Enable 64-bit' checkbox is being activated is: "64-bit connection for this brokerage technology is currently in beta and you should proceed with caution".

If the definition of 'underlying API' = '64 -bit connection for this brokerage technology', then the statement above are not equal but if the '64 bit connection for this brokerate technology' = 'integration [of the underlying API]', then it's clear: it's beta.

#46     Sep 10, 2010
  7. #47     Sep 10, 2010
  8. Thank you guys for all your input. I just found that NT 7 will take both the bid and ask data for tick backtesting so I'm going to give NT a try.

Thanks!

#48     Sep 14, 2010
  9. Ray,

Any idea how the 64 will work with motherboards powering multiple chips. For instance, I have a bran new Apple PowerMac tower with twin Xeon chips which between the two have 12 cores. I've loaded and run Window's 7 directly on the hardware. Will the new NT 7 take advantage of this hardware, especially for backtesting and optimization?

Thank you!

#49     Sep 18, 2010
  10. NinjaTrader_Ray

No direct experience. NT7 for sure will take advantage of all cores available during backtest optimization.

#50     Sep 19, 2010