NinjaTrader on Windows 7 / 64bit OS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by RedEyeFly, Sep 7, 2010.

1. HighSea

HighSea

Ray,

When using Kinetick to backtest, will NinjaTrader form price bar from individual ticks, so I get each price fluctuation as if I were running live in the market?

Thanks

#31     Sep 9, 2010
  2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

The data provider is independent of your question. Your question is really after how our backtest engine works.

- We have a Market Replay feature that allows you to run a strategy against historical tick by tick data which emulates real time. Our replay engine works only off of real time recorded data. Any external historical data source will not work for this.

- NinjaTrader will not replay each individual tick within a bar during a backtest however, you can run a multi-series backtest using a 1 tick series as example to gain intrabar granularity. A reference sample is available on this subject here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=6652

If you have more questions on this, please post in our support forum since you will get the fastest response from us there.

#32     Sep 9, 2010
  3. Thank you Ray.

#33     Sep 9, 2010
  4. Anyone able to login with 64bit zenfire on build 21? I'm getting the same message:

"Login failed: 'Zen-fire is not available in the 64-bit version..."

cT

#34     Sep 9, 2010
  5. Does anyone know of a way to backtest on every tick? Matlab?

#35     Sep 9, 2010
  6. Ditto. Exactly!.... "You must use the 32-bit version of Ninjatrader" and I'm running XP Pro X64 SP2.

#36     Sep 10, 2010
  7. cosmic

cosmic

works for me here on 64 bit, just had to enable it under the account connection settings for my Zen...

#37     Sep 10, 2010
  8. Which settings should 'enable' the 64 bit under the connection settings? :confused:

#38     Sep 10, 2010
  9. cosmic

cosmic

when you enter your username and pass - click settings, then just check to use 64 bit api...then it should connect on a 64 bit OS natively as well, no issues here on a Win7 and XP system.

#39     Sep 10, 2010
  10. BCE

BCE

Hi :)

Once NT7 is officially released and no longer beta will you still keep NT6.5 alive for awhile? Every NT7 Beta release I've tried crashes on a fairly regular basis and says there was an error and it needs to shut down. It has nice new features but regular crashes won't work. We've had lots of issues already recently with the Zen-Fire feed as you no doubt know. I just want a solid reliable platform to trade from. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and an i7 Intel chip. Thanks.

#40     Sep 10, 2010