NinjaTrader on Windows 7 / 64bit OS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by RedEyeFly, Sep 7, 2010.

1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

This has been in Beta testing for going on 2 yrs now. I asked one of your reps about this at the NY Traders Expo in 2009 and I got the same response - any day now.

#11     Sep 8, 2010
  2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Back in February 2009 we were delayed in getting NT7 into a beta state, we released beta fall of 2009 so its been in beta for about ten months not two years...In any case, a long time, we should have done better I know.

#12     Sep 8, 2010
  3. Any Fix 4.2 or other fix protocol in this new 7.0 to connect to real clearing firms?

#13     Sep 8, 2010
  4. dalen

dalen

Just so you know zen-fire won't run on the 64bit version.

#14     Sep 8, 2010
  5. Ray,

Do you know of any vendors who offer complete and clean tick data which will interface with NinjaTrader for backtesting and simulation? We're looking for something that primarily is free of data gaps and bad ticks and the sort. We're willing to pay for quality.

Thank you.

#15     Sep 8, 2010
  6. Yep. That just about kills the usefulness of 64bit nt. It would nice if ray could give some sort estimate of when we will see a 64bit zen-fire version.

cT

#16     Sep 8, 2010
  7. MGB

MGB

Ray (NinjaTrader) doesn't control Zen-Fire. You're barking up the wrong tree.

For a datafeed, he does control Kinetick.com. It is already integrated into NinjaTrader 7.0. I like it.

For order handling, you're still tied to what your broker provides (e.g. Zen-fire, Trading Technologies, PatSystems, etc.)

#17     Sep 8, 2010
  8. Can Kinetick offer tick data for more than 30 days?

#18     Sep 8, 2010
  9. NinjaTrader_Dierk

NinjaTrader_Dierk ET Sponsor

FYI: Next NT7 beta (NT7B21) will support ZenFire 64bit. We'll anticipate that beta within the next few days.

#19     Sep 9, 2010
  10. Do you also mean that Zenfire 64 bit already exists as datafeed?

#20     Sep 9, 2010