NinjaTrader on Windows 7 / 64bit OS

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by RedEyeFly, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,

Just read on NinjaTrader's site that it does not support 64 bit OS systems which I'm guessing that it will not be able to take advantage of the new Intel i7 chips. Is this correct?

I'm trying to build a super fast computer for a few trade platforms, ninja being one of them and could use some direction.

Thanks,
    Red

2. cstfx

cstfx

Ninja Trader 7 is 64 bit, but as of yet, has not made its way out of Beta testing.

3. Excellent thank you. Good to know so that if I get the hardware, I'll me able to use it when it arrives.

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

NinjaTrader 6.5 does run on 64-bit OS but as a 32-bit application. NinjaTrader 7 will run natively as a 64-bit application.

5. Thank you for your reply. Is there any aprox. schedule for the version 7 release?

Thank you.

6. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

When?

7. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader 7 is available as beta from our download section, we anticipate releasing production shortly.

8. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

Ray I know NT7 is in beta as I've been tracking its progress for months - I am not interested in a beta product for live trading.

My question was when will it be live?

9. NinjaTrader_Ray

I can't give you a hard date at this time. Sorry for the vague answer but we plan to have it out real soon.

10. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

ok, thx

#10     Sep 8, 2010