NinjaTrader Multiple Segregated Accounts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Spectre2007, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Is it possible for NinjaTrader to send the same order to multiple accounts. It’s tedious at high speed scalping to repeat the clicks keystrokes? Goal is to open one DOM or ATM, but the orders are sent to multiple segregated accounts.

Regards,
    Chris

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Ask your broker about trading in a block account with post trade allocation.

Spectre2007 likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

As far as I know 1 dom 1 account. We do use multiple accounts but they all have separate strategies.

Spectre2007 likes this.
  4. The only workaround I know of is to send the order through collective2. And subscribe to ‘order entry account’ with multiple accounts that you own also. But I would imagine the filling differentials would be off by a tick or even 2 ticks in a fast market.

5. SteveH

SteveH

Spectre,

NT basically kicked the can. They didn't want to deal with the variety of management issues which could happen once the initial entry in multiple accounts kicked off. To be fair, none of the other contenders do either. But hey, it's very doable. Nothing is stopping one from managing multiple trades on the same instrument in multiple accounts at the same time from start to finish. Yeah the big IF is if you know how to program the IB API. It's just tedious, bookkeeping programmg but nothing I would call advanced.