NinjaTrader Introduces Brokerage Services - $3.38 per round turn "all in"

Discussion in 'Events' started by NinjaTrader_Ray, Jun 30, 2014.

1. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Existing users will continue to be able to use Advantage Futures as a broker option now and in the future, new users after July 15th will not.

#21     Jul 3, 2014
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ray, does Ninja support exchanged traded spreads yet? This has been my biggest complaint about the software. I don't know how in the world a futures platform in today's day and age can compete without offering a product that 90% of the professional trading community uses almost exclusively.

#22     Jul 3, 2014
  3. NinjaTrader_Ray

Unfortunately the NinjaTrader platform does not support this yet.

#23     Jul 3, 2014
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yet? I brought this up to them 5 years ago. For the life of me I don't understand why Ninja can't even compete with a platform like T3. Hell, even IB supports this.

#24     Jul 3, 2014
  5. GiantDog

GiantDog

Eventually you will have these options with NinjaTrader:

1- Software - Ninja
    2- Broker - Ninja Brokerage
    3- Data - One of Ninja's choosing that they own
    4- Clearing - Ninja Global Clearing , not Dorman

It's obvious. And it will happen sooner than you think. IMHO.

#25     Jul 3, 2014
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Ray,

What is your rationale in limiting the brokers? You have fantastic product, and many loved the fact that even when they switched the brokers, all will continue to work as it should.

The new list is very limited. Most of my funds are with IB right now, but I am talking to a potential client, who only wants to keep his funds with CQG. I would be buying another license from you, but now, I would need to go somewhere else.

Thanks,
    redduke

#26     Jul 3, 2014
  7. NinjaTrader_Ray

No problem RedDuke, you are an existing client and therefore will always have access to brokerage options that were available to you when you 1st became a client. You need a new license for a brokerage option no longer available for purchase, just send us an email with your request and we will make it happen.

#27     Jul 5, 2014
  8. rknas

rknas

Mirus Futures had terrible service and major availability issues beginning of the year with Zen fire feed, logins failing, etc. This is one of the reasons I had to open an account with another brokerage.

With this aquisition, how is NinjaTrader brokerage going to assure it's customers that they won't face the same connectivity, data and trade issues that Mirus customers faced earlier?

I will be more than happy to revive my former Mirus account if only I can see why those incidents from earlier this year will not occur again and what steps NT has taken as part of this takeover.

#28     Jul 5, 2014
  9. NinjaTrader_Ray

Good and fair question, below is a post I made in another forum answering this exact question.

-----
    Absolutely.

At the end of 2013, Mirus no longer had access to Zen-Fire and they were forced to migrate their entire customer base to BigTick, an internally developed trading infrastructure. This system failed…Mirus screwed up disappointing a lot of their clients. I run things now and I can assure you that this will never happen again. I put high demands on my entire organization to deliver the best possible customer support experience and am confident that the brokerage team can exceed my expectations.

Furthermore, the following changes have occurred on my watch:

• I have thrown BigTick into the trash
    • The BigTick development team is no longer with us
    • The CEO of Mirus’ parent company is no longer with us
    • I have propagated NinjaTrader platform customer support policies, procedures and systems to NinjaTrader Brokerage
    • Re-organized the team under me to operate more effectively and efficiently

At the end of the day, we have to earn your trust and to a much larger degree you have to decide if you have faith in me to deliver upon what I say.

#29     Jul 5, 2014
  10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Hi Ray, Happy 4th – your timing was perfect for this notice. Thanks.

For clarity,

• NinjaTrader Brokerage is offering the same CQG connection as AMP, but under the rebranding name of “continuum”.
    • You are going to charge 25.00 inactivity fee for this same “Unfiltered” Data connection, that AMP/CQG charges No Monthly Inactivity fees, No Monthly Minimum Volume Requirements.
    • You are going to offering to price match AMP for only “Lifetime” License Holders, so all the users that are using the monthly subscription version or the free version are going to be almost 1.00 more expensive per round turn.
    • NinjaTrader Platform Support & Development will remain in Denver and the brokerage services will remain in the NinjaTrader/Mirus Chicago Office?

From your postings, it seems like you are trying to say the “BigTick” disaster had nothing to do with NinjaTrader, but we all know – NinjaTrader was the platform that was “exclusive” to BigTick.

I believe you should be more appreciative to your long term brokerage partners and now your current employees, by saying you are throwing all their hard work into the trash.

Do your biz, but please make sure you are accurate in your promotion of your new brokerage services.

Good Luck!

#30     Jul 5, 2014