NinjaTrader/IB HSI volume bar backfill doesn't work

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Raul641, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Raul641

Raul641

I stand corrected, it appears that nothing backfills correctly on volume bars with IB. My results earlier were probably due to it using saved data that it collected from when I had it open prior to that..

Thanks for all the tips, I'm looking into 3rd party data providers. Any recommendations are welcome :)

#11     Aug 21, 2007
  2. do you guys find the charting capability of Ninja on par with standalone charting software such as Sierra or Quotetracker?

#12     Aug 22, 2007
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Charting in Ninja 6 is very good. I used to have e-signal, but I do not need it anymore.

#13     Aug 22, 2007
  4. That's good to hear. I might start evaluating it soon. I'm intrigued by the lifetime license. Thanks!

#14     Aug 22, 2007
  5. wiseass

wiseass

Anyone know if theres goin to be a fix for this HSI problem?
    only reason i ask is that it only seems to apply to the HSI. Unlike the SPI which seems to be showing volume just fine.

I can see the TWS showing HSI volume within its owns charts.

Also is a 4-5 point spread 'normal' for the mini contract?

#15     Sep 23, 2007
  6. Time to change to Sierra Chart if the problem you are talking about is occuring with the HSI futures contract (currently HSIU7) :)

It does show volume (and volume charts) and tick counts (with backfill time granularity being the limit) for backfilled data from the futures contracts.

It also give you the 5 second (true) data including backfill with tick and volume counts.

From the HSI index it will not because the HSI index data from hsi has quasi volume but the HSI index backfill data doesnt.

#16     Sep 23, 2007
  7. wiseass

wiseass

I've noticed wHen running alongside Sierra charts and Quotetracker, the time and sales on NT misses out on alot of the larger tractions 40+ sizes.

while im here, i was just wondering what others were using for realtime data?

#17     Oct 23, 2007
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

I have never experienced any of this. I traded HSI for about 6 months (the big one), and it was accurate. The wide spread is a common thing since even the big one is thin. Volume was repported corretly as well.

#18     Oct 23, 2007
  9. wiseass

wiseass

I've included an example below. and it happens through out the day.
    Occasionally a large transaction does come through on NT so its not like theres a filter or anything that i believe.

just weird.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    kinda annoyed i noticed this after i paid for the licence fee!

#19     Oct 23, 2007
  10. nidarian

nidarian

Ninjatrader is shit platform, built by idiots.

This is just the tip of iceberg with data issues on Ninjatrader.

All their time and sales data is wrong, they drop ticks, they freeze in fast markets, just endless problems related to quality. I would stay well away especially if you are serious about making money. I have over 50 screenshots of cases and issues with ninjatrader and when i get the time I will post them all.

Their free demo is exactly what it is, its free and you get what you pay for in life.

#20     Oct 23, 2007