Ninjatrader Freezing When I Place Trades

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoCalTrader619, May 28, 2009.

1. Yeah it is for NT. You need dual core minimum with 2 gigs of RAM. Anything .net needs alot of hp, or try auspiv ideas.

#11     May 28, 2009
  2. There is a bug that I identified and reported and was told it would be fixed with version 7.

It essentially happens when you are using the static dom and enter multiple contracts at the same price in quick succession.

If this is what is causing you to lock up I am HOPING it will be fixed as promised.

#12     May 28, 2009
  3. Just curious. How much of a delay are you talking about?

#13     May 28, 2009
  4. Like, if I try to place a market order it will say order pending, then the entire DOM freezes for about 5-10 long seconds, then it unfreezes and says order filled (at a much different price than I tried to get). Same for exiting positions. It just locks up completely.

#14     May 28, 2009
  5. 12121212

I'' bet it isn't Ninja's problem. Probably your computer / firewall / virus program. Shut the fw & virus off and try again.

#15     May 28, 2009
  6. I would not bet on that ;) I am testing Ninja right now, and I am - hm - surprised by the amounts of "ok, i dont want to work anymore". Has a strong push into "do your own and sell it" on my end.

Let's see about v7 - if that is good ;) I may stay.

#16     May 28, 2009
  7. Are you using Kaspersky 2009 or AVG as antivirus? Try Avira Premium 8, Avira Free 8, or NOD32...

#17     May 28, 2009
  8. just bought a new computer, was thinking about an intel i7 chip but until nt 7 is stable
    and will it/won't it support 64bit and multicore, windows 7 is out and stable, i decided
    to postpone the i7

bought a basic e5200 2.5 chip computer and the cost to go from 1gb mem to 3gb - the
    maximum mem 32bit can use - was C$35, running on xp pro sp2

haven't been running the computer long enough to track performance with the nt/zf
    demo account but the task manager performance/cpu usage has only been in the low
    single digits, which seems to indicate i've more than enough under the hood to manage
    nt and .net framework

#18     May 28, 2009
  9. Some folks will tell ya that you should have a dedicated machine with just NT on it for trading. I think it's a good idea.

Like it was mentioned earlier, it should have as much RAM as you can get and the fastest dual core CPU you can afford. It's a resource pig.

#19     May 28, 2009
  10. VinnyB

VinnyB

Weird timing for me as I just started an app with AMP so I could use Ninja.

Can anyone tell me if the simulator is equivalent to live as far as resources.

The only reason I ask is because OEC demo ran great and live was jerky/freezing. Same description as OP regarding delay in prices showing up.

They're both on C++, right?

Didn't make sense that live should freeze but I just thought I'd ask about live vs sim Ninja.

Thanks all,

V.

#20     May 28, 2009