Ninjatrader for Mac...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Magyar77, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

no, if you want to scalp you don’t want to get religious about operating systems. You should probably trade from an FCM office in Chicago with a very fast connection to the CME skipping the internet and using professional software. Ask generic or change clearers.

#11     Jan 5, 2020
  2. Magyar77

Magyar77

What about a good VPS?

#12     Jan 5, 2020
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

Do they have Mac vps? There is www.macstadium.com. Why do you want to share a server with other people? Why do you want your orders going over the internet? Why don’t you want to use professional software that bypasses the internet. Where do you live?

If you want to scalp use TT or CQG from an FCM office connected to the exchange bypassing the internet. You seem to want an OS religious war.

#13     Jan 5, 2020
  4. Magyar77

Magyar77

I’m on the other side of the country and getting professional software access for $700 a month that might reduce slippage isn’t an option for most of us I would say.

#14     Jan 5, 2020
  5. Magyar77

Magyar77

I would gladly bypass the internet if it was affordable.

#15     Jan 5, 2020
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

How do you define scalping?

#16     Jan 5, 2020
  7. Magyar77

Magyar77

Getting in and out with seconds

#17     Jan 5, 2020
  8. ZBZB

ZBZB

What market do you want to scalp across the internet using Mac software? You will be competing against people using TT or CQG in an FCM office using direct fibre to the exchange. You could program a collocated server in CME aurora written to an API from your location. A vps is not good enough to scalp.

#18     Jan 5, 2020
  9. Magyar77

Magyar77

I agree I don’t think it would be good enough. What FCMs have direct connection to CME? I know generic trade who I deal with does, but they don’t run TT or CQG.

#19     Jan 5, 2020
  10. ZBZB

ZBZB

you could have your own line to the exchange or FCM bypassing the internet. Ask them?

#20     Jan 5, 2020