Ninjatrader and internet

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by fran11, May 1, 2011.

1. fran11

fran11

can someone tell me about NT-zenfire and security,
    I guess that user name and password transmitted over internet
    in encrypted form. If anyone knows about order submission,or
    order canceling, is this operations transmitted via internet
    in encrypted form ?

2. Why do you care? Any smart kid can break any allowed encrypted scheme. The problem is elsewhere...

3. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

All transmissions from NinjaTrader to the Zen-Fire servers are SSL encrypted.

4. fran11

fran11

Thank you Ray,
    I am interested if the same is true for ninjatrader -TT

5. NinjaTrader_Ray

This is not true for all 3rd party TT connected applications including NinjaTrader. TT FIX messaging through the internet is not currently encrypted. TT will let me know if and when they have plans to support this.

6. So are you saying my computer is open to all the idiots out there since I'm using Ninja and the TT data feed? It is my trading computer and I do nothing else on it, but if it is wide open I want to know. The thought of someone getting my account number does not make me happy. Do I need to dump the TT feed? Is the TT platform the same way?

7. NinjaTrader_Ray

That is not what I am saying.

To clarify, transmissions over the internet between TT servers and any connected application are not encrypted. Your NinjaTrader installation itself is not vulnerable.

8. Ray, the blotter is real mess.Do you plan to make it a bit simplier?I mean, i`d like to sort my each transaction with p/l, not by days where you see accumulated numbers.

9. NinjaTrader_Ray

We always welcome comment for improvement. I don't recall any past suggestions in this area but I will add this to our list of feature enhancements for future consideration.

10. Ok, so I am open as a result of using TT data? That's great, Ninja is encrytped, but if I'm using TT as my data feed am I then open to whatever comes along fishing for free info? Ninja is part of my solution, and I get the data feed from TT, so they are one as far as I am concerned. Does the data feed coming in leave me vulnerable? Do my orders going out to Advantage leave me vulnerable as a result of the TT data feed? Please don't pass on responsibility, I would appreciate the honesty I have experienced from Ninja in the past, and not a politically correct answer to avoid responsibility.

#10     May 4, 2011