NinjaTrader 8 Question...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by marc82much, Nov 22, 2020.

1. I have a lifetime license to NT8.
    I saw this web page https://ninjatrader.com/Order-Flow-Trading
    and would like to download this software. Yet, I cannot find out how to do it.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

2. wartrace

wartrace

The indicators should already be in your indicator list providing you have been keeping Ninjatrader 8 up to date. Just scroll down to "orderflow" and the indicators start there. You should also see a "volumetric bar" option in the chart type.

Laissez Faire likes this.
  3. Holy Sh!t - that was easy. Thanks. I had no idea!!
    Much gratitude.

4. wartrace

wartrace

Now the fun begins! Can you use the information to make better trading decisions? I find the footprint chart and delta info very useful. I find the volume profile somewhat useful and the depth of market not so much. Of course it all depends on your own perspective.
    There is a lot of free education available out there. One guy who might help explain the footprint/delta a little better than some Mike Valtos of orderflows.com as he has quite a few free videos on youtube. You do not have to purchase his software to use the concepts he shows; most of what he teaches is basic understanding of the footprint chart. (This is not an endorsement- I just found his videos informative. Yes he does push his products during the videos BUT he also states you don't "need" them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI37HXPO1f4o9j4SA83-Iog

5. Hi there,

Do I understand you correctly that you use the Ninjatrader OrderFlow tools?

I'm considering buying the Lifetime license. I already lease Ninja, so it pretty much makes sense to simply buy it. It will lower my rates, too.

I'm a bit curious on Volume Profile/Market Profile concepts, so would be interesting to give them a bit more study.

Regards.

6. wartrace

wartrace

The ninjatrader orderflow tools are ok but I use Gomi's tools along with orderflows.com because they have some features Ninja doesn't have (yet). DON'T EXPECT that orderflow will give you a green/red light system.

7. Thanks.

My expectations are low. I would mostly buying the lifetime license in order to stop paying lease fees and at the same time lower my commissions.