NinjaTrader 7 Released!

Discussion in 'Events' started by NinjaTrader_Ray, Dec 2, 2010.

1. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Thanks. Yes, application load time has been significantly improved.

#31     Dec 3, 2010
  2. olias

olias

nice. Good job Ray.

#32     Dec 3, 2010
  3. Hmm... I would of swore that workspaces were to be carried forward from 6.5 to 7. But I get a message that says:

"Unable to open workspace C:\Users\blahblah ect .xml"

"Workspaces made from versions prior to Ninja Trader 7 are imcomplete and need to be remade."

:confused:

#33     Dec 4, 2010
  4. Oh, btw I can see the workspaces listed when I try to open one, but the message above is displayed when I try to open one.

#34     Dec 4, 2010
  5. Picaso

Picaso

Charts are not compatible, therefore neither are workspaces.

As Ray suggested, a few screen-shots make the transition way easier (I also got screen-shots of the Indicators and Properties windows).

Really happy with Ninja 7. :)

#35     Dec 4, 2010
  6. Ray... for the life of me I cannot see where NT-7 charts can be set for tick or volume bar settings. When I click on the timeframe tab, all I see is time-bar default settings.

Having used NT for the past five years or so, I should know what to do. Where are the chart setting choices? Are they hiding in plain sight, right in front of my eyes? <lol>

#36     Dec 4, 2010
  7. r-in

r-in

How do I remove old data? I have data going back to '07 I think, or it looked like it when it was migrating, and I just don't need it. I assume it is filling up my hard drive. I thought when I removed the instrument and switched to a new contract for the instrument it was wiping the data, but apparently not.
    Thanks again

#37     Dec 4, 2010
  8. You have to do it from the data series icon on the top of the chart or from right clicking the chart and clicking data seiries to get what tick chart you want. I am sure you have probably figured this out already but for others it might help to read this.

#38     Dec 4, 2010
  9. Okay, figured it out. You have to open a new workspace, build your charts and then you can save it with the old workspace name that was carried forward from 6.5

NT will say the workspace already exists and if you want to proceed and save it.

Oh, btw I have also been taking screen shots of charts, ect knowing that I would need them for the transition.

#39     Dec 4, 2010
  10. DonKee

DonKee

A cool feature that 6.5 didn't have is to...

click on the chart...type 1000t (for a 1000 tick chart) and you're done!

#40     Dec 4, 2010