NinjaTrader 7 Charts Not Updating for Sunday

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BCE, Apr 18, 2010.

1. BCE

BCE

I did post it there. I just had the wrong month. It's cool.

#11     Apr 20, 2010
  2. BCE

BCE

Hey we were all newbies at first. I've never used Meta Trader 4 and I just started using NinjaTrader a few months ago. So far it seems okay. One thing I don't like is there is no historical data from the feed I get called ZenFire. I can just view 60 minute bars. The historical feed is available through eSignal I believe but that costs $95 a month if you subscribe for the year. I used to use it. I'm working on creating a setup I like. You can test NinjaTrader through Mirus Futures and AMP Futures. Just apply for an account or maybe you don't even need to do that. Good luck.

#12     Apr 21, 2010
  3. auspiv

auspiv

It is definitely possible to get historical data from Zen-Fire. I'm not sure the specifics, but they have tick, minute, and daily bars.
    There has always been enough data for pretty much anything except for long-term backtesting. They also now have a continuous contract which is pretty handy.

The guys over at the Ninjatrader support forum are usually pretty helpful if you need help getting anything set up..

• cl.png
      File size:
      82.1 KB
      Views:
    #13     Apr 21, 2010
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Doncha just love stupid things like that...

#14     Apr 22, 2010
  5. BCE

BCE

Thanks very much for alerting me to that. I'll check with them and see what I can do.

Now I see it is available in NT 7 http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22152 but it doesn't look like it's available for NT 6.5. Thanks for the help.

#15     Apr 22, 2010
  6. BCE

BCE

7. Yes, and that is REALLY low on the list of stupid things. THe top 50 or os are really more funny ;)

I can use Ninja as example how to make a really bad UI in parts and acutally did use it yesterday in demonstrating how to make a REALLY bad business plan ;)

#17     Apr 22, 2010
  8. EON Kid

EON Kid

Auspiv is the continuous contract done with automatic merging in NT7 ?

I got no data for CL ##-## in NT 6.5 ????

TIA

#18     Apr 23, 2010