Ninjatrader 7/8

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Spectre2007, May 11, 2017.

1. Excellent platform.. been through a few over the past 25 years..

Regards,
    Chris

2. Handle123

Handle123

What is different in 8 than 7?

3. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

4. Hello,

I am currently learning to code trading strategies, back test strategies, and learning NT8 platform every day the past 3 months. The learning curve is very high, but i am very thankful for the excellent support at NinjaTrader. They answer all my questions.

So far the service and platform has been great. I do not trade my strategies with real money, well, because they all have negative profits results so far. lol, I am still trying to make strategies profitable and just really learning thoroughly learn the capabilities of NT.

Overall great platform, but if you learning how to program and back test strategies, don't worry about making money, focus on learning.

5. Hello Chris,

Do you develop automated trading systems in NT7 and NT8?

Thanks,

6. both.. but most of my code is in 7.. haven't found the need to convert to 8 yet.

7. Thanks,

I was in NT7 as well coding and back testing, but I did not want to program that additional data series for more intra bar granularity order fills with small profit targets strategies, so I moved to NT8.

Since I was new to NT, I went ahead and moved to NT8 anyway.

8. Spectre2007,

Do you run intra day or swing trade automated systems?

What are you thoughts on the accuracy of Strategy Analyzer? I am currently comparing Market Replay back test vs a Strategy Analyzer back test to check for accuracy of Strategy Analyzer.

Thanks

9. Intraday... nothing overnight. I think systems that have numerous signals throughout the day need more backtesting regarding fills. Since a minor fill deviation can be pretty costly. It also depends how granular your system is. Meaning does it trade using microstructure waves.. waves from peak to trough .. 4-8 ticks. Like anything you won't truely know till you forward test..

#10     May 11, 2017
    SimpleMeLike likes this.