NinjaTrader 6.5 Released with Expanded Brokerage Support!

Discussion in 'Events' started by NinjaTrader_John, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Yes, but it's Method as below neither is publicized, possibly due it's advance nature and heavy CPU intensive character.

the prototype:
    protected override void OnMarketData(MarketDataEventArgs e)

{

}

TGM,
    search the NT help files under OnMarketData.

#11     Apr 9, 2008
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

OnMarketData is not that CPU intensive.

OnMarketDepth could be if not used properly. Think about it, it reacts to any change on any bid/ask level. Eurex provides 10 levels for each on DAX futures for example.

TGM,

Best is to search NT forum and post a question there as well.

I coded my own.

I have started a thread here where I wanted to discuss using this very valuable info, but it did not generate too much interest.

redduke

#12     Apr 9, 2008
  3. I'd be wary about this especially with dot-net's "baggage"....it's not that speedy. If Ninja was architected with parallelism to support dual/quad processors, only then could I see this working reasonably well.
    Otherwise, be sure to have task manager running to check that CPU usage !

#13     Apr 19, 2008
  4. YoungOne

YoungOne

I'm using ninja 6.0 and have used 6.5. It's great expect for one thing that annoys me. Is there anyway to have it save the workspace exactly like I closed it. Like lets say I open a daily chart, 15 min char, 5 min chart. I close ninja. Re-open it. It opens it like 5 min, 15 min, Daily or some other random order. I like to have it in the same order in my taskbar every time I open it. This really gets annoying as I have like 5 charts open and a new order everytime makes it difficult for me to quickly go through my charts. Any suggestions?

#14     Apr 19, 2008
  5. NinjaTrader_Ryan

NinjaTrader_Ryan ET Sponsor

Hi YoungOne:

Please try this…

1. Close down all charts and NT windows so you begin with your NT Control Center.
    2. Create a new workspace via File > Workspaces > New Workspace
    3. Open your charts in the order you prefer to view them in your Task Manager
    4. Save the workspace via File > Workspaces > Save workspace as and give it a name
    5. Shutdown NT and restart, then open your saved workspace via File > Workspaces > Open workspace.

Does this open your charts in your preferred order?

More detailed information can be found here:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/ManagingWorkspaces.html

You may also address this to our support team at support at ninjatrader dot com.

Enjoy your day and happy trading. :cool:

#15     Apr 19, 2008
  6. NinjaTrader_Ryan

#16     Apr 19, 2008
  7. Ryan,

Will this also save the 5-minute or 15-minute,etc..chart settings ?

#17     Apr 19, 2008
  8. NinjaTrader_Ryan

#18     Apr 19, 2008
  9. jjf

jjf

Hi NT Ryan,
    While you are online , can I ask you how I should set up this play.

Limit stop and chase if touched for 'n' tics
    then bracket entry with protective and profit stops OCO.

It is the OCO on the pro and profit stops that I cannot setup

regards
    jjf

#19     Apr 19, 2008
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

It depends on how many charts you attach it to. I only have it attached to 1 chart, I trade only one market, and I am am fine, CPU never goes above 30%, and usually stays within 15-20.

#20     Apr 19, 2008