Ninja/Zenfire

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by magus, Jun 14, 2008.

1. yes, I'm on demo with realtime feed from Mirus Futures and
    thought the first time I saw the last price indicator stop NT was
    freezing, but I think it's just redundancy since as you say, there
    are other parts of the program which display price changes

#11     Jun 16, 2008
  2. ITR2744

ITR2744

Is Ninja Trader the only platform to get Zen-Fire? I use QuoteTracker for quite a long time and I don't want to change my charting software unless I have to...
    Last time I tried NT demo I wasn't very happy with it.

#12     Jun 16, 2008
  3. I have been testing NT for a while now and I know about this freezing as it has happened to me several times and I am just using the dome with time & sales windows no charts. I have been on to NT regularly about this issue as well as speaking with mirus and there has been no acknowledgment about issue from NT. The freezing happens on my pc when using the ATM Strategy feature and when executing fast orders or trying to reverse positions using the reverse key feature. I have sent in multiple screen caps of what is happening with the trace and log files and I am told just to uninstall .NET 2.0 and NT then reinstall both again. I tried this and the same issues keep repeating on a new clean install. It always happens during a fast market and up will see the Dome & Tape freeze then I can't even close the program. You have to terminate it using task manager. NT don't seem interested in either acknowledging that there is a serious issue with this freezing or trying to fix the problem. You get asked the same questions by NT again and again what is the spec of your pc etc etc and with my last response from NT saying they don't know what the problem is and they can't help me. NT is not for high volume fast paced scalping. The Zen-Fire feed is excellent but NT is NOT. For anybody who would like to see this freezing in action use NT using their ATM Strategy and try execute multiple single lot orders quickly for a period of time and you will see what I mean.

#13     Jun 16, 2008
  4. Just stick some Winstrol tabs in the disk drive and you'll be good to go.

Gotta give your rig a little juice for the high freq stuff.

#14     Jun 16, 2008
  5. magus

magus

If it were only that easy, Reaver. The answer must be the markets move too fast for these electronic feeds to keep up. Anyways. I'm still using NT/Zenfire for lack of a better alternative.

#15     Jun 16, 2008
  6. I don't think it's the feed, it's what's handling what the feed's
    delivering that matters
    there's a +/- using NET Frame to build a program, then possibly
    there's how many futures/contracts are being accessed and
    today I discovered a simple indicator completely bogged down
    moving the chart it was on to the extent the indi isn't usable in
    its present form, so there's a lot of variables that aren't covered
    in 'system requirements'

#16     Jun 16, 2008
  7. I am seriously considering dumping IB for Mirus and using the Ninja/ZenFire combo.

These freezing issues concern me greatly as I am a frequent trader and often switch sides exactly at high market velocity moments.

Are these freeze issues ongoing and unresolvable? How often on average are they occurring? Are you guys incurring serious losses due to these freezes?

Any general comments on Mirus also appreciated.

#17     Jun 17, 2008
  8. I$land

I$land

"I am seriously considering dumping IB for Mirus and using the Ninja/ZenFire combo."

I changed to Mirus from IB a few weeks ago for 2 reasons : service & commissions.

"These freezing issues concern me greatly as I am a frequent trader and often switch sides exactly at high market velocity moments."

I'm not a high-volume trader but I never had any freezes. The only problem I had with the data feed is missing data in the overnight session for the ES. This happened about 2-3 times in the past 2 months.

"Any general comments on Mirus also appreciated."

They are better than IB, but that does not make them great. I would rate IB a 4/10 and Mirus a 7/10.

#18     Jun 17, 2008
  9. who gets a 10 rating ?
    what's Mirus' failings ?
    what's a better charting+feed than NT+ZF ?

#19     Jun 17, 2008
  10. I$land

I$land

who gets a 10 rating ?

Lol... I don't know if such a broker exists.

what's Mirus' failings ?

For me, mainly for customer support reasons. Things like you ask them something in an email. A few days later you didn't get an answer so you call them. They say "Yes, will send you what you asked for...". A few days later, you still didn't get what you wanted.

what's a better charting+feed than NT+ZF ?

I have tried many different combinations and I think NT+ZF is a good product. I used to have IQFeed and I was very satisfied.

Also, when you go with Mirus, you will have to choose if you want to clear with RCG or Dorian. I chose RCG but I'm not sure they are the best either for the same reason as Mirus. I sent them an email and they answered back with 1-word answers never giving a good answer.

#20     Jun 17, 2008