Ninja + Zenfire vs Ninja + TT feed

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by hanzahar, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Has anyone had a chance to test TT or zen with ICE's new mini russell (TF) ?

#31     Sep 27, 2008
  2. bob5e

bob5e Guest

Currently, you cannot trade TF with TT . . NT is working on it but no ETA. There is no problem with ZenFIre.

#32     Oct 4, 2008
  3. You can trade the old ER2 contract on TT and I wish more people would. This contract has dried up to hell. I don't think enough people have access to ICE to support it. I haven't traded it much since it moved over, but would like to if liquidity ever picks up.

#33     Oct 6, 2008
  4. Question

Can I run Ninja trader and X-trader on a single pc, in the following combinations

1) Ninjatrader/TT and X_trader/TT

2) Ninjatrader/Zenfire and X_trader/TT

For the first combo NT/TT & XT/TT, If I just wanted to use NT for charting could I use a single TT feed?

#34     Oct 13, 2008
  5. I'm wondering if anyone can offer an opinion about platform :

I currently use tradestation to trade TF (used to trade ER2 before going kaput).

I am thinking about moving to Ninja/Zenfire since I hear it might have better fills, but it seems Mirus' commissions are twice what I pay with tradestation.

Is there a good reason to pay twice the commissions and switching to Mirus, beside the potential better fills ?

#35     Oct 13, 2008
  6. I am quite positive you are paying more in commissions at TradeStation then you would with Mirus unless you have a deal with TS that I have never heard of before.

#36     Oct 13, 2008
  7. mmm, maybe I dont understand something.

According to Mirus, they charge about $4 per round turn trade (enter and exit).

Tradestation charges $1.25 per side, so total of about $2.50 per rountrip.

or do I have the wrong figure with mirus ?

I signed up for a demo account, and was contacted by email by one of their reps. I replied back asking for commission cost, and I have yet to hear back from anybody, this was like 2 weeks ago. That in itself I find a little disturbing.

#37     Oct 13, 2008
  8. moarla

moarla

2.30 is the commission charged by the exchange. in the 4.00 this should be included, in the 2.50 maby not ? :D

#38     Oct 13, 2008
  9. If you are getting $2.50 a round turn with TS I would stay there. But when I traded there, it was $2.50 per half turn or $5.00 a round turn for the emini's. And the Matrix sucks compared to NinjaTrader.

At Mirus you will get a better deal than you get at TS. Plus, your margins are less than 1/2 than they are at TradeStation. Plus you get a better feed that doesn't freeze, and people that actually answer the phone if you have to call them.

#39     Oct 13, 2008
  10. nope, I am absolutely certain that tradestation's total cost is a bit less than $2.50 roundtrip. Been trading through them for years, so I know.

If you doubt it, go to their website and check out their futures commissions. They claim to have one of the cheapest.

Not cheerleading for tradestation or anything, they have some pluses and some minuses. Just trying to decide if a switch is justified for me.

#40     Oct 13, 2008