Ninja-Zenfire Probs

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by clooch, Oct 24, 2008.

1. clooch

clooch

10-24-08 05:22 PM

Using Ninjatrader-Zen .

Had problems with it lagging. Beside my esignal it was behind regularly, 15-30 secs. But what confuses me is that when using charttrader, the orders would be filled and verbally acknowledged before either the chart or staticdom showed the price being hit.

This causes problems when tryingto place orders as system will not allow depending upon where chart shows price, but in reality the market is at a different level as esignal confirms.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem or what to do about it?

Thank you in advance

2. Check your mem resources and CPU usage.....may be computer problem if you're running NT and e-sig on same computer.

I had TS and NT running on same computer, and had seriously resource problems (cost me over $2K on a lagging entry in a super fast market one time). Once I got a separate computer for TS and NT, no probs whatsoever. TS is a resouce hog, not sure about e-sig.

From my various tests of NT/ZF vs. other data providers, there's nothing faster (at least for e-mini data).

3. Surdo

Surdo

Agreed, TS is a PIG, using memory...OINK OINK.

NT/ZF does not need much, but will not run properly if TS is hogging it!

el surdo

4. clooch

clooch

I did shut off esignal and other programs normally running to see if it worked any better. That didn't last long in todays market. i had a stop hit, the NJ girl told me abt the fills and the charts still showed abt a 5-6 pt lag, prob abt 20-30 seconds before the chart took out that high. Therefore I was worse off as was trading blind and quickly turned esignal back on.

5. Something is definitely wrong. I've never seen what you're describing with NT/ZF and I've been using it for 2+ years.

It's either an internet speed issue, memory issue or CPU issue. Something is clogging your throughput. NT running on its own would not tie up any of those resources if you have decent capacity in each of them.

Next time you have NT running and you see that kind of lagging check each of those factors out. Use windows task manager to check your CPU and memory usage under "Performance" tab. Use speedtest.net to check your internet speed.

6. Are you an esignal shill?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=142543