Ninja Zen no more unfiltered data?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by RandomX, Feb 3, 2010.

1. However DTN's TICK sucks against Barchart TICK

#21     Feb 13, 2010
  2. TICK is not the key element for me so the CLEAN intraday BID/ASK data runs are my primary concern.

#22     Feb 13, 2010
  3. Sure... It was just a remark...

But I'd say - CLEAN and HISTORICAL .... Isntit

#23     Feb 13, 2010
  4. Well, Sierra will only be as good as the feed you pump into it.....bottom line. It would be nice if I could finally see a Sierra chart that at the end of a trade day has a Cumulative Delta plot that actually matches an Inv RT Pro/DTN set up (set to .75 tick range bar for instance).....that would be really nice! :)

Charts anyone? info@fulcrumtrader.com

The more charting options that actually work the better imo!

#24     Feb 13, 2010
  5. Yes....historical lookback of at least 4 weeks is very good and needed imo.

#25     Feb 13, 2010
  6. Sorry I dont get you....

You just said that NT + DTN works very well.... And a minute later you are saying Sierra + Very_Same_DTN works differenty (and unsatisfactory)..

I am puzzled here.....

P.S. My point was if one is going to use DTN then Sierra for CVD is better than NT because Sierra can access DTN historical b/a and NT cannot.

In fact I believe is that NT cannot be used for CVD unless you run it 24/7....

#26     Feb 13, 2010
  7. Here: SC + DTN

#27     Feb 13, 2010
  8. Just to be very clear.....I did not ever say that NT + DTN works very well. What I did say is that for the FIRST TIME I have found a trader I know who is getting proper BID/ASK daily data runs with NT + DTN. Now I will add, this trader is very computer savy and I know he has excellent infrastructure at the user end. So this is now the FIRST evidence I have found in these past months (.....of the many traders I constantly talk with week after week using Cumulative Delta) of a trader getting NT + DTN to work without data drops. So this is so far an exception and not the norm from what I am finding from many users attempts. It appears that if you have very robust end user infrastructure you MAY be able to use NT + DTN without problems.

As far as Sierra goes, all I have stated is that I have NOT YET seen any chart images of a CD plot that match up with an Inv RT Pro + DTN CD plot (for consistant ongoing basis). Sierra may or may not work with any CD studies built within Sierra so that was never my point......I just said that I had not yet seen any. If you and others have a CD study that works in Sierra charts (and can match a verified daily run of BID/ASK data) that is great imo. As I have stated before, the more charting options that properly plot the CD on a daily basis the better.

#28     Feb 13, 2010
  9. Great.....I will check this chart out latter when I am back to my trade office.

#29     Feb 13, 2010
  10. Chris... this is very simple matter... No need to be heated that much.

Ninja has limitation in the piece which connects to DTN. Ninja cannot obtain historical bid/ask from IQFeed.. Full stop..

As I said above - you cannot practically use NT for CVD purpose unless you are running it 24/7

If you remove "infrastructure" from all said you will have a single option - to run your computer 24/7 (or some bizzare stuff like tinker with some sort of re-export DTN data from other software).

Any unsavvy user can do that...

The keyword here is "practically"

I did resolve all the CVD matters for myself long time ago... Wanted to help to add some clarity...

I rest my case..

Cheers

P.S. just curious - the savvy user - is it Gomi from captial of France? ;)

#30     Feb 13, 2010