Ninja Vs. Button?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by athabasca, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I've used Buttontrader for quite some time and it's a great order execution frontend for semi-auto trading, but its relatively lack of features is somewhat disappointing. I've just downloaded Ninjatrader demo and am playing with it a little and this one seems like it has a lot of potential and is price competitive (especially if you choose the one time payment) but I'm not really sure about the order executions on DOM (trade confirmation for each order? Really?). Can those of you who have used both softwares comment on the pros and cons of switching from Button to Ninja? It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. You can turn off the trade confirmation feature:

File > Tools > Options > uncheck order confirmation box

3. Thanks for the tip. Was sort of worried immediately after downloading that it might be an unchangeable feature (for an IB reason). Obviously I am in need of having to read the Ninja manual this weekend.

4. Buttontrader lacking features ? You're kidding me right ?

It has like 100x more execution features than ninjatrader.

Don't forget that you also pay for the static dom per trade on ninjatrader.

5. I was referring to non-execution related features like charting, news, etc. -- should've been more specific in that regard.
    Exactly the kind of things I was looking to find out when I started the thread. Thanks.