Ninja Trader with downloaded tick data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by nicbizz, Jul 16, 2010.

1. nicbizz

nicbizz

Hi,

Is it possible to download the tick data from say www.tickdata.com, import it into NT 7, and build historical intra-day volume based charts with it?

I'm looking to do some manual bar by bar analysis. Don't need a real market replay - I don't mind hitting the arrow at the bottom of the window to scroll the right edge forward :)

I looked at NT's helpfiles, and it there's something about it only able to build minute bars with downloaded data. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!

-Nick

2. NT 6 does not officially support TickData.com data feeds.

Also, the importer does not support time frames other than 1 minute. From their support site:

"Set the interval to 1 Minute bars (do not set to any other interval)"

NinjaTrader needs an overhaul of their import engine. It is greatly lacking.

3. nicbizz

nicbizz

Thats a shame to hear :(

I've heard some good things about NeoTicker's replay feature, but I was hoping NT could be a one-stop shop. Its not so much the cost, but the pain in the ass to learn a whole new setup.

Thank god I found out early, otherwise, I would've paid for a lifetime membership of NT, and see it go to waste ...

4. NinjaTrader_Dierk

NinjaTrader_Dierk ET Sponsor

May be there is some misunderstanding:
    - NT6 is way outdated and not even available on our web site any more (NT6.5 is the production version at this time)
    - NT6.5 allows to import tick data to build volume based bars for your analysis (this is done NT internally off your imported tick data)
    - NT7 - available as beta - allows to import tick data to literally build any timeframe which NT would support

Also: we are in touch with tickdata.com to seamlessly support their data format with upcoming NT7. We expect that to be implemented in near future.

I would recommend submitting support requests to our forum http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/ or to support AT ninjatrader DOT com. Our support staff would be happy to assist you.