Ninja Trader vs Multicharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by saatfj, Sep 24, 2008.

1. The cheapest programmer for Ninja *might* be
    Ben Letto from www.affordableindicators.com
    (E-mail all the programmers you can find, if you wish.)

#11     Oct 11, 2008
  2. I tested both platforms and many others, eventually I found home with Ninja Trader.

Daniel

#12     Oct 11, 2008
  3. NT major draw back is they use PC timestamps!

#13     Oct 12, 2008

4. There was a lot about computer time here. I don't
    know if you saw it or not. (I'm not saying you're wrong.)

Thread title:

Why is IB's time 5 seconds behind the official time?

One of many posts:

I can tell you the IB time is pretty accurate (a few seconds off is possible though). So it is important to have an accurate system clock, and most are not. The problem is due to...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...5976&perpage=6&highlight=seconds&pagenumber=9

#14     Oct 12, 2008
  5. I use ninja and really like it. I am not a programmer but so far whenever i have wanted something custom, I have just googled it and found that someone else has already made it.

The new release is a month or 3, and is going to support spread charting. YAY!

#15     Oct 13, 2008
  6. Yes I've seen that thread and many more. What I meant was that NT apparently uses the user's PC time for the Timestamps of the tick which is horrible. That's what their support has confirmed to me but I am hoping the support was wrong since the help files tell a different story and I'm waiting to confirm this very important issue.

#16     Oct 13, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

which data feed do you use?

#17     Oct 13, 2008
  8. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

This is inaccurate. If the feed we connect into provides a time stamp at the tick level then we use this, if the feed does not provide a timestamp then we have to use the local PC time stamp.

#18     Oct 13, 2008
  9. I use Zen and after further research found out that NT actually does transmit the exchange timestamps if provided by the feed, which Zen doe but they do convert it to the user's pc's timezone, which I wish they wouldn't have.

It would be much less problematic if they supplied the exchange timestamps in their raw and original form period. There cannot be any purpose to this conversion other than causing latency and other problems. It is also much more trustful if one could actually see the exchange times so they could be compared and immediately identified as which exchange ticks are coming through delayed.

#19     Oct 16, 2008
  10. Yes but, you still do convert the exchange ticks time to the user's local pc time or not?
    Also can you explain the logic and the benefit of this conversion?

#20     Oct 16, 2008