Ninja Trader question

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Ticktaker, Sep 23, 2011.

1. "Why do the most successful firms in the world employ a risk manager?"

Answer the question. You've never actually worked for a company, have you?

#11     Sep 23, 2011
  2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

No it does not.

#12     Sep 23, 2011
  3. joneog

joneog

Hire a bouncer-type part-time and let him sit next to you watching the PnL, when it hits a pre-defined level have him rip the power cord out of the wall.

Seriosly though, you can't just shut everything down at a certain point and leave the house/office? Run errands, play with the kids, drive around in circles etc. Find something to do that doesn't allow you to log back on.

What you're talking about is a pretty dangerous gambling mentality. Maybe you can find one of those trading coaches/psychologists to help you out. Just a suggestion.

P.S. I don't think comparing an independent trader to a firm that employs risk managers is valid. In many cases someone working at a firm doesn't have the same dis-incentives to dangerous risk taking as someone who only has their own capital on the line.

#13     Sep 23, 2011
  4. Ticktaker,
    You let them sucker you into a pissing contest. Try support@ninjatrader.com or their free online training sessions. Both are very good.
    Best wishes to you.

#14     Sep 23, 2011
  5. Mr_You

Mr_You

I'm a big fan of positive habits or "life hacking".

Why not start creating a new habit so that when X occurs you then do Y that keeps you away from the computer.

#15     Sep 23, 2011
  6. I'm amazed by the responses to this thread... OP used the word "asinine" - captured it perfectly.

#16     Sep 23, 2011