Ninja Trader or Trade Maven

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by teeoff, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ive used both. transact and trademaven work good together.
    BUT there is one very big negitive concerning trademaven. you can only have one dome for one symbol/contract.
    for example if i wanted to have 3 domes open for the es and run different strategies on each dome, you ABSOLUTLY cant do that with trade maven and you CAN with ninja. I talked to Trademeven about that and those arrogant SOB's acted like i was the stuppidest person in the world for wanting something like that. I will NEVER do business with trademaven again
    on ninja and open e cry, sometime in november, they are getting their own api and have intentions of having Ninja write directly to it and not have the pats feed. Now that will be an "exellent adventure". trademaven in my opinion is useless.

#21     Aug 28, 2005
  2. saico

saico

I use the standalone version of the current J-Trader version. No issues so far.

#22     Aug 28, 2005
  3. actually i do this on a daily basis through transact -- i just have different account numbers for different strategies. i have two 19' LCD's filled with nothing but all my trademaven platforms for various strategies.

#23     Aug 28, 2005
  4. What a good idea!! You took a problem that Trade Maven wouldn't help with and found your own solution, good deal :p

Don-

#24     Aug 28, 2005
  5. actually i did not know TM could not do this -- i have always set-up various accounts for different strategies, so that has just been my norm. actually trademaven should correct this fault -- it would not be that difficult to correct in my opinion.

#25     Aug 28, 2005
  6. fb5728

fb5728

I have A/C with both Trade station and IB, so which one is the best for me? I am planning to USE IB for my trades and TS for Data Feed.

Do i have to pay extra for DATA feed with TM or Ninja?

#26     Aug 28, 2005
  7. its not a good solution though in my opinion if your having to pay $50.00 a month for each trademaven account you want and then if you get the pro version, thats $100.00 a month for each account.

#27     Aug 28, 2005
  8. Not if you use NinjaTrader with IB.

#28     Aug 28, 2005
  9. Macro-

Do you have to pay extra for this?

#29     Aug 28, 2005
  10. actually i am not paying for trademaven for these accounts, but that is probably just a result of my monthly roundturns. also i have separate long and short accounts for some of my strategies.

#30     Aug 28, 2005