Ninja Trader: How many systems at the same time?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tradewinner, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Nope. Wrong. You can see your orders and positions real time in NinjaTrader.

#11     Aug 8, 2009
  2. Nope, Wrong.

You can see ORDERS and POSITIONS real time.

Now, from a DOM.... please show me a screenshot where you can see exactly which order belongs to which strategy?

They are not showing this info. Heck, trading a strategy and discretionary on the same instrument itself is hell, because you see all orders, but are not able to see which of them are from strategies. Pressing "close all" happily closes all orders - and stops the strategies. Result is that one has to sync ones positions again and manually restart all strategies.

Idiot design at work.

They should track which positions has which order and allow the DOM to only show the non-strategy part of the position and ignore all strategy positions. Including doing this when getting a "close all" command.

#12     Aug 8, 2009
  3. I already run up to 6 strategies at the same time with my app TradeProject (http://www.tradeproject.de/Start.23.0.html?&L=1). It is also only ‘handmade’, but for my needs it works well with IB and more than one strategy.

Daniel

#13     Aug 9, 2009
  4. I appreciate your feedback!

I would prefer seeing the chart and my positions in the chart for monitoring and learing purpuses. Because I get some new idea seeing my trading systems working in the chart.

Let us assume one as Ninja Trader running with realtime systems and charts. Is there a possibility to check if one is running the risk of a system crash? Has everyone experience running multiple systems with NT? Or knowing a better alternative? Has TradeStation more capacity for multiple systems? :confused:

Thx
    T

#14     Aug 9, 2009
  5. Nt to my knowledge. Basically, as sad as it is, Ninja is currently among the best commercial offers. Which I find shocking.

#15     Aug 9, 2009