ninja trader good or bad

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Heron, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Heron

Heron

Are these professional tools because I have been trading a long time and I am struggling to get a result with ATM ie automate exactly the strategys I want

Front ends I would like to connect to is Futuresbetting and Trading Technologies which both talk to NT does Smart Quant

#11     Dec 7, 2007
  2. Yes it does connect to them, like I said in another post "At the retail level if you can't automate it in smart quant, you ain't gonna automate it" AFAIK, in terms of ATS's at the retail level this is as good as you get.

or you can use their institutational platform QuantHouse, but be before to pay an arm and a leg, it costs about $5000 / mo.

#12     Dec 7, 2007
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Would one of the Quant products allow me to capture all the DOM data for a trading day and look at it concurrently with a chart? I would love to be able to go very slowly and look at all the pulled bids and whatnot... maybe do some math on the bid/ask sizes up and down the ladder, etc...

Regarding Ninja being limited, I haven't figured how to capture the DOM data but basically it's C# code, you can do anything the C# language can do, it's just that the Ninja guys only support their own stuff...

#13     Dec 7, 2007
  4. has anyone programmed in c# for ninja. id be interested in having you write some code for me.

#14     Dec 8, 2007
  5. They have an EventHandler called OnOrderBookChanged(), which is called EVERYTIME there is a change in the order book. You'll be able to use and collect this type of data real time starting when they release the multiple strat version which I believe is scheduled around xmas.

#15     Dec 8, 2007
  6. btw. if anyone ends up looking at the smartquant forums I'm rollthedice

#16     Dec 8, 2007
  7. Heron

Heron

I am in the same postion but as a tip I would not recommend the ninja script consultants on the ninja website because they have just wasted a month of my time and they in part are the cause of this question and to define wether its the product or just my miss fortune in personnel.

To be fair the only one I diddn't use was whitmark

#17     Dec 8, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

thanks much... that should be fun.

#18     Dec 8, 2007
  9. Baywolf

Baywolf

@Sky,

Can you give some short examples of the limitations of Ninja that you don't have in Quant?

#19     Feb 24, 2008
  10. DaVinci,

It's been a while since I have used Ninja Trader so I can't really remember specific examples too well, if you do a search you'll find that I have written a LOT on all the automated trading systems.

But, if interested in these software programd I guarantee you'll find OQ far easier and cleaner to code in. Ask maxpi, he took the plunge to learn C# bought the software and now loves it

Sky

#20     Feb 24, 2008